Oblivion: Any good? (1 Viewer)

Collin

HSC
N/A
angmor said:
i only have a 64mb graphics card? do u think it will run well?
lol. AnandTech bitterly concluded in a set of benchmarks that this is the first game ever which effectively REQUIRES SLi/Crossfire just to run it well at decent settings. 64MB; you're either looking at something like a Geforce 4 or even worse, integrated graphics with 64MB of shared memory.. either way it's gonna run shit, unfortunately. :(

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
64Mb forget it
i have an FX5200 128Mb lowest settings and it still crashes

(that wasnt from me it was from my bf who was browsing bos on my account)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Katie123 said:
64Mb forget it
i have an FX5200 128Mb lowest settings and it still crashes

(that wasnt from me it was from my bf who was browsing bos on my account)
suuuure it was ;)

PatG

HSC
amanmai said:
I prefer Morrowind over Oblivion, simply for the Main Quest.

Oblivion is pretty but once you get used to it, nothing really surprises you anymore. There's nothing that's actually interesting after the first ten hours of gameplay. Especially after the main quest. It's almost too open-ended.

Morrowind: I'd played over 100 hours and still hadn't finished the main quest because I'd get sidetracked. You don't get side tracked much in Oblivion. You can't really because the Main Quest is actually pretty linear once you just sit down and do it. Morrowind's Main Quest was slightly linear as well, but longer and took you through more places so that you would be sidetracked by quests along the road. The quick travel feature was too tempting for me and really ruined the game.

It's worth getting, if only for those initial ten hours of gameplay... plus, for some people, they really get into it, while others, like me, expected a little bit more and jsut get disappointed and then bored with the game.

Don't get me wrong, I love RPGs, I crave them. Good ones, anyway. But Oblivion wasn't really much of an RPG, in my opinion. More Action with a lot of map and dungeons, really.
Yeah in Morrowind Caius would often tell you he had no further orders for you and to go off and do your own thing. Does that happen at all in Oblivion? I only got to play a few hours of it before I had to stop and study for exams?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)