Offer question, help plz =] (1 Viewer)

Chenstar058

HSC
I was wondering, are early offers restricted to certain courses? or does it depend on your ATAR....how does it work?
I wnt to do Chinese Medicine at UWS which has a cut-off of 75. Without being arrogant, I got 98.20, so I thought I'd get an early offer or something.
Another question, I'm currently overseas, will I still be able to accept the offer over the internet or do I have to mail something to UWS?

alphaisanidiot

HSC
Hi there,

My friend does Chinese Medicine at UWS and the only reason the ATAR was 75 last year was because of lack of interest in the course (i.e. they didn't have enough people apply for it) so it was lowered to let more people in. I think the previous years ATAR for it was 94 or something. And some courses don't give early offers. Also, to my knowledge you don't have to send anything in the mail, you can accept your offer online although you do have to enrol in person at somepoint. Hope this helps.

2011_

HSC
Some Universities and courses don't offer early entry rounds, even if you get well above the ATAR cut - off. Good luck :)

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi there,

My friend does Chinese Medicine at UWS and the only reason the ATAR was 75 last year was because of lack of interest in the course (i.e. they didn't have enough people apply for it) so it was lowered to let more people in. I think the previous years ATAR for it was 94 or something. And some courses don't give early offers. Also, to my knowledge you don't have to send anything in the mail, you can accept your offer online although you do have to enrol in person at somepoint. Hope this helps.
Are universities allowed to artificially lower the cut-off to stimulate demand? I was under the presumption that the cut-off represents the ATAR of the lowest accepted student in the degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)