Offers (1 Viewer)

tonberry_kun

O RLY?
HSC
say we got offered our first preference in the main round or so... then we changed our preference so we have a "new" first preference... does that mean you still keep your first preference offer from the previous round or does changing ur first preference mean an automatic rejection of the offer made?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Well once you accept your first preference in the main round (which i strongly suggest you do!) then you will be made no further offers. Yes you can change your preferences around, very LITTLE offers are made after the main round, so make sure your first preference for the main round is the one you want to do!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Actually, if u accept ur preference in the main round, then change ur preferences, u may be given an offer for something else in the later rounds (although unlikely). In this case, u have to choose wat to enrol in (just let the other one of ur offers lapse)

mike-l

wat happens if ur overseas wen u get the offer in the main round... i noe u can view it online but do u need 2 be in person 2 accept the offer at the specific uni i . e. unsw.. if so wat are the available options

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Ahh yes Minai is correct, sorry about that! Its just been so long :p.

Ribbon

So what happens if you gety an offer for say, your third choice in the main round, can you then still get offers for your second and first choices in later rounds? If you only get your second or third choice in the main round, should you accept it? does this mean you won't get any other offers... and if you don't except it, have you lost your chance, and will only be able to go for your 4th or 5th choice?

I'm scared of doing the wrong thing if i don't get my first choice main round :p

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
Originally posted by mike-l
wat happens if ur overseas wen u get the offer in the main round... i noe u can view it online but do u need 2 be in person 2 accept the offer at the specific uni i . e. unsw.. if so wat are the available options
i think unsw and uts have online enrolling, usyd u have to do in person

Originally posted by Ribbon
So what happens if you gety an offer for say, your third choice in the main round, can you then still get offers for your second and first choices in later rounds? If you only get your second or third choice in the main round, should you accept it? does this mean you won't get any other offers... and if you don't except it, have you lost your chance, and will only be able to go for your 4th or 5th choice?

I'm scared of doing the wrong thing if i don't get my first choice main round :p
in the first case, u can accept this third choice, and submit ur preferences again for the late round, in which case u may or may not receive offers for ur 1st and 2nd choices. if you do, then you can accept this new offer and reject your previous one (the third choice).

always accept the offer you get in the main round, and then hope for the best in the late round offers. accepting a main round offer does not affect ur chances of receiving an offer in the late round, so i strongly suggest u at least accept something in case u don't get any offers in the late round.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
i wish UTS had online enrolling, sorry but they don't =\.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
hey after u recieve ur offer and when u accept ur offer, do u have to enrol, and when and how do u do tat?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by theone123
hey after u recieve ur offer and when u accept ur offer, do u have to enrol, and when and how do u do tat?
no..ur letter of offer should contain a timetable of wen different degrees enrol

Ribbon

What do you have to do to re-submit your preferances? Do you just log onto the UAC website and go for it or does it have an extra fee associated with it?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
What do you have to do to re-submit your preferances? Do you just log onto the UAC website and go for it or does it have an extra fee associated with it?
now or later?
now? just log-in and change them :)

Dingo

Banned
some people ask stupid questions. but i wonder who. *looks around the room*.

peace^^

Ribbon

I meant after the main round of offers:

'and submit ur preferences again for the late round' implies that you need to do submit your preferences a second time... ie do they get 'cancelled' after the main round and you re-submit (does this have a fee associated with it ie because last change of preferences is 5th jan <I think>), or do you just leave everything as it is and it all sorts itself out...

if you get what I mean :p

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I meant after the main round of offers:

'and submit ur preferences again for the late round' implies that you need to do submit your preferences a second time... ie do they get 'cancelled' after the main round and you re-submit (does this have a fee associated with it ie because last change of preferences is 5th jan <I think>), or do you just leave everything as it is and it all sorts itself out...

if you get what I mean :p
[/I]
oh, no
they stay the same...for the late and final round, unless u change them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)