Offers? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey guys, just wondering where all the 04 HSC drama students are off to now that school's out? Uni, drama school or work just out of interest:)!

-marilia- xoxo

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
I'm doing a Bachelor of Education (Secondary) / Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) at USYD. I'll be teaching English not drama tho. I'm steering kinda far from Drama coz it was my evilest mark :p

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
I'm planning a Bachelor of Education/Bachelor of Arts and Sydney, with a major in drama and English as my second method. Horrah! I'm going to be an english/drama teacher! :p

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
welshi said:
Yep yep - me, em, willy and jem all gonna be coffee buddies this year at USYD!!! i'm doing arts...
You forgot me!:D

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
Well stuff yers all. Lol.

I'm been crying for a few days...not out of joy. However, I got both my Victorian and NSW First Preferences.

I'm off to do a Bachelor of Creative Arts @ The University of Melbourne (It's like a Liberal Studies but in Humanities) with a major in Theatre Studies and a minor in Visual Arts (Art Criticism...hopefully.)

BUT! Why are you crying Kate?

Parents are making me defer.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
Will_Sparky said:
I'm planning a Bachelor of Education/Bachelor of Arts and Sydney, with a major in drama and English as my second method. Horrah! I'm going to be an english/drama teacher! :p
hey thats wat i wanna do!!!

HSC
Will_Sparky said:
I got into Bachelor of Arts (Media & Communications) at usyd and i wanna major in performance studies. Is your major in drama the same as performance studies will_sparky?

hi skillo! i got into B of Creative Arts in Melbourne as well and i was soo looking forward to doing theatre studies there, but my parents won't let me go to melbourne!>__< i heard it's a great course, damn it i wish i could do what you're doing~

-marilia- xoxo

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Skillo said:
Well stuff yers all. Lol.

I'm been crying for a few days...not out of joy. However, I got both my Victorian and NSW First Preferences.

I'm off to do a Bachelor of Creative Arts @ The University of Melbourne (It's like a Liberal Studies but in Humanities) with a major in Theatre Studies and a minor in Visual Arts (Art Criticism...hopefully.)

BUT! Why are you crying Kate?

Parents are making me defer.
I'll tell you the same thing I say to everyone in this kinda situation. Tell your parents to ggf, it's your uni, your chioce, and in the end you'll be living by yourself anyway so they can't threaten to kick you out.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
You got in Media and Comm., congrats! I woulda done it had my UAI been better :p

Performance Studies, drama, same thing :p lol. Just watch which units you pick.

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
HSC
grk_styl said:
how come they're making u defer? thats if u wanna say it here of course :)
Woo hoo! An invitation to get on my high horse! My older sister, is studying down in Melbourne. She spent the last two years of school in Melbourne too. She was sent down there as a 'gifted and talented' student and she's a violinist. So she said she couldn't get a job as it would interfere with study and her practice schedule. So technically, she's been there since 16 (she's now 21) and my parents have paid for everything.

Now, playing the violin when you get to her standard, is an expensive thing. Two years ago, she had to upgrade her instrument (so that was 20 thousand - and that's cheap) and last year was a new bow 5grand. But that's not the biggest expense. Her living down there is the most expensive thing.

Then, there is my little sis who is ill (rare blood disorder) and so we're forking out money for medicines, syringes (she injects her self everyday...but she isn't diabetic!!) and trips to her hospital in Melbourne. Cause it's so rare, the government doesn't recognise it and she doesn't get an allowance.

So, then there is me. And there just isn't the money apparently. But it's shits me how I've managed a casual job for 3 years while studying, and my older sister has never had to work...oh, hang on, she had a teaching position for about a semester.

Yeah, so, we 'can't afford' it. Pfffft.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
oh geez. that's gotta suck! katie, im sorry.

but hey, i guess this year u can work all year save up more cash, and just leave in 06 to live in Melb! just be like, "i have money, so bye mum, bye dad, i'll call u" :)

gl with everything darl.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Skillo said:
Woo hoo! An invitation to get on my high horse! My older sister, is studying down in Melbourne. She spent the last two years of school in Melbourne too. She was sent down there as a 'gifted and talented' student and she's a violinist. So she said she couldn't get a job as it would interfere with study and her practice schedule. So technically, she's been there since 16 (she's now 21) and my parents have paid for everything.

Now, playing the violin when you get to her standard, is an expensive thing. Two years ago, she had to upgrade her instrument (so that was 20 thousand - and that's cheap) and last year was a new bow 5grand. But that's not the biggest expense. Her living down there is the most expensive thing.

Then, there is my little sis who is ill (rare blood disorder) and so we're forking out money for medicines, syringes (she injects her self everyday...but she isn't diabetic!!) and trips to her hospital in Melbourne. Cause it's so rare, the government doesn't recognise it and she doesn't get an allowance.

So, then there is me. And there just isn't the money apparently. But it's shits me how I've managed a casual job for 3 years while studying, and my older sister has never had to work...oh, hang on, she had a teaching position for about a semester.

Yeah, so, we 'can't afford' it. Pfffft.
Why doesn't your family just move to melbourne? :confused:

meggy_moo

PMS PRINCESS
HSC
hey that sucks really bad...im a bit selfish so i'd chuck a fit...but i suppose it just gives you a chance to save some cash and get settled...but still...that really sucks!

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
yeah, all that bites the big weenie katie. you'll have to come up and see us!!! and i mean have to, the drama posse must not be broken.

and yes, justin, you interloper, that can include you.

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
HSC
Yeah...I am actually going to. I was talking to Billy about it and I'm seriously considering coming up to Sydney within the next two months...and I expect a fantastic pub crawl or dinner or show to be attended by many BOS Drama Regulars...and yes Justin, it includes you. Whos up for it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)