Official Drew's Thread 2005 (1 Viewer)

Collin

HSC
N/A
lukebennett said:
see those 10000 cerebrate work like a dream
ROFL, oh fuck........ if you played SC, you'd realise how fucking funny you are.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
kerrigan and dark templar brethren, i will be back onto the battle field at sunrise. ill be sure to unload my fleet before i got to sleep

Collin

HSC
N/A
lukebennett said:
kerrigan and dark templar brethren, i will be back onto the battle field at sunrise. ill be sure to unload my fleet before i got to sleep
LOOLOLLOOL

Collin

HSC
N/A
lukebennett said:
sorry never played before. is it good
Viewed by many to be the best game ever. Was deemed Game of the Year by PC Gamer, and has won countless accolades.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
crikey. must be good.

this mild spam might get some people murderous on the battlefields. namely a welsh lass/brood

Collin

HSC
N/A
Templar said:
If you survive that long...
You are actually right about the 'playing SC too much' bit, I've been playing through all the original missions again..... right now I'm up to the 2nd last Protoss mission. After that I'll go do all the expansion ones and then head off to battle.net once more. Last time I played in 03 I had a w/l ratio of 22/3, I highly doubt I'd be able to keep that up right now after 1 year of no-show and hence why I'm playing through all the missions again (plus I like all the characters and storyline anyway).

Collin

HSC
N/A
The whole storyline/plot of the game, including the pre-script (game manual part) and the mission storylines are quite long..... it would take me ages to explain actually.

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
@JKDDragon: Did you actually finish off all missions?...that's...without any cheats?.

Collin

HSC
N/A
LoneShadow said:
@JKDDragon: Did you actually finish off all missions?...that's...without any cheats?.
All of them except for the last Zerg mission in the expansion, which I've yet to attempt. Why would I cheat? Cheating takes out the fun in games.

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
hahaha..true..cheating "F"s up the game as a lot.......I was stuck in the last 3 missions...so....ahhhem...I cheated...money and speed..:eek:

Collin

HSC
N/A
Last 3 missions in the original or the Expansion?

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
expansion..I never bothered to play original one...cuz didn't have it...from all the missions....I hated the most those that gave me no base ...just a bunch of toys and an order to do something...grrrrrr...:D

Collin

HSC
N/A
You mean the ones where you infiltrate some facility or something.. I originally didn't like them either, but now I do because those ones greatly increase your skill in unit micromanagement, helping you realise how to combo your units and their special abilities to maximise damage and minimise losses. My goal in those missions nowadays is to not lose a single unit. Really hard for the Terrans in the original, but not in the expansion since they have Medics now.

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
I used to hate them when I was just a noob...but when I became an amature...I kinda got to not "dislike" them so much. yeah...Terran medics are the way to go...luv thos sexy things....:eek:........I always used to combine 1 medic with 2 marine or firebats. and they were deadly..:D....but my best combo against comp was 12 protoss cariers. when I was playing protoss...I had the most fun...cuz I could control my oponents and start building from their units.....but of course..lots of units means...lots of money cheats...:eek:

Collin

HSC
N/A
The Mind Control peon concept is good in theory, but not that applicable in multiplayer.. unless you use the money cheat alot, like you said. In multiplayer SC, it tends to be fast, aggressive and furious. Generally both players would have to be pretty defensive (or the map huge) to reach the later stages of development, such as Guardians for Zerg and Carriers for Protoss.
This is true because if you look at some professional games, they tend to last around 15-30 minutes, with the main units being hydralisks/mutalisks, siege tanks/missile towers and dragoons/reavers. If you were playing against someone really good, you'd never have the means and chance to reach up to the situation where you can say, build an entire army of Terrans or Zergs using the Dark Archon's Mind Control.

But yes, I have used cheats before to see what it felt like. I.e getting 200 supply of units of all three races. Ever tried doing that with a Terran Battlecruiser/Protoss Carrier Fleet? Theorietically you get 25 Carriers and 25 Battlecruisers.......... an absolutely invincible fleet. (Unless you had like 200 scourges or something).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)