oh no i just fucked up my dress (1 Viewer)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i have this blue prairie dress that i love and wear all the time, but i thought i'd try my hand at altering it for summer and now it's all wonky and horrible.

RIP prairie dress.

does anyone else do this to their clothes? i fuck up my favourite pieces all the time.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
its kind of like the time i saw this pic in a russh editorial of this dress with about a hundred gold chains going from side to side. it looked AMAZING, the most beautiful thing i've ever seen.

sooo...

...i went to spotlight and bought 15 metres of gold chain and safety pins and started pinning them to my fleur wood LBD from the inside.

looked great.

put the dress on.

and the weight of all the chains ripped 2 huge panels off the silk.

RIP fleur wood LBD.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
AlleyCat said:
its kind of like the time i saw this pic in a russh editorial of this dress with about a hundred gold chains going from side to side. it looked AMAZING, the most beautiful thing i've ever seen.

sooo...

...i went to spotlight and bought 15 metres of gold chain and safety pins and started pinning them to my fleur wood LBD from the inside.

looked great.

put the dress on.

and the weight of all the chains ripped 2 huge panels off the silk.

RIP fleur wood LBD.
holy cannoli
i probably would've cried

i found these amazing vintage trussardi jeans and i wanted to make them in distressed shorts
i cut them so retardedly. like one side revealed half my ass and the other was so wonky

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i did the same with some cavallis that were getting a hole in the back of the thigh.

i just tore it around to make shorts, and it was so short they were like bikini cut underpants almost.

this thread is making me depressed.

another time i stayed at my boyfriends house after a party and the next morning he bundled up all the clothes that were on the floor and put them in the washing machine.

my vivienne westwood stockings ripped in the wash and my favourite velvet skirt was ruined... :(

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
naww that's horrrible
you sound like you have an amazing wardrobe and sexcellent fashion sense. :)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
housah0lic said:
naww that's horrrible
you sound like you have an amazing wardrobe and sexcellent fashion sense. :)
i KNOW that your wardrobe is fantasmo because i saw it in the pics thread.

i start out with good intentions for my clothes, but my 'creative' interpretations always f them in the a.

Kirsty Xx said:
of the prairie disaster? its gone now, i sent it to my grandma to try and fix... but if it gets its nana plastic surgery, ill post pics.

Last edited:

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
lol thanks.
yes i find that often happens to me too. i have a lot of items i've sourced from markets all over the place.. and i do want to alter them but i get too scared cos if i do and ruin them there's no replacement and that item is lost forever

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
im a market kid too, but i would rather alter it and fuck it up than it be too big/boring and never wear it.

i should take a sewing class or something, yeah.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
fair enoughh.
with most of my vintage it's mostly for collection. i don't wear much of my really, old vintage out. like i have the second hand rubbish that i thread into my outfits.. but i like keeping things for the future. idk. for now they just sit in my wardrobe

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
As if you didn't learn the first time. This is why you go and buy cheap as shit plain black/white dresses/tshirts.

HSC
i quite enjoy altering my clothes, esp the vintage stuff i find that doesnt quite fit or needs to be moderned up :D... lol its worthwild learning to sew, its a very partical skill i loved txtiles these past 2 yr :)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Riet said:
As if you didn't learn the first time. This is why you go and buy cheap as shit plain black/white dresses/tshirts.
yeah i really should learn sometime.

the thing is, over 80% of my attempts work, its just the failure rate that is so upsetting.

oh and house, i have a few collectibles that i never wear but i dont even consider them clothes really, they're just what i collect.

my friend found an ossie clark jumpsuit at that huge op shop in melbourne under the railway station at north collingwood.

and i found an old black herve leger bandage dress in paris at a vintage store.

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
honeyissweet25 said:
i quite enjoy altering my clothes, esp the vintage stuff i find that doesnt quite fit or needs to be moderned up :D... lol its worthwild learning to sew, its a very partical skill i loved txtiles these past 2 yr :)
Just for future reference it's worth while, not worthwild.

I like to buy things from markets and good secondhand stores where there is a bargain, and the luck of finding something unique. I usually end up altering a a piece (shoes, shirt, dress, pants) to give it a partly contemporary finish.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
herve leger?
VINTAGE herve leger?

oh my lord
you lucky bitch
i'm
so
jealous
OMG

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
housah0lic said:
lol thanks.
yes i find that often happens to me too. i have a lot of items i've sourced from markets all over the place.. and i do want to alter them but i get too scared cos if i do and ruin them there's no replacement and that item is lost forever

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
housah0lic said:
herve leger?
VINTAGE herve leger?

oh my lord
you lucky bitch
i'm
so
jealous
OMG
yeah, i have it in a proper dress protection container thing.
might wear it someday, it's actually quite wearable and not OTT at all.

maybe some more squats at the gym first.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
so unfixable it can't get altered by those... what do you call em again? they look like dry cleaners but they fix your clothes, do up a hem etc...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)