Old Kingdom Egypt- roles of the king (1 Viewer)

fuckfoot

has no soul
HSC
argh, this question completely frustrates me
something along the lines of:
describe some roles of the king and refer to other evidence
i can name the roles, but i can't think of any evidence for it :confused:
anyway if someone could help me out here it would be greatly appreciated

fuckfoot

has no soul
HSC
well i'll just console myself with the fact no one else seems to know it

Sasky

HSC
Hey ff, um, are you asking about the role of the OK pharaoh in a narrow sense, or an all round, administration, religious, etc kind of role as a whole? If you narrow it down I can provide some points if you like. Is it any type of evidence?

fuckfoot

has no soul
HSC
oh, i think it's supposed to be an all round sort of way, and yes absolutely any evidence

J

jhakka

All you gotta do is think of every king in history. You'd be looking at keeping peace in the kingdom, making the gods happy, making sure the people don't starve, administration, etc.

That would only be a six mark question at the most, wouldn't it?

For evidence, I dunno... yap on about tombs and any inscriptions in them.

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
hi fuckfoot.

here are some roles and descriptions:

religious head- god incarnate, horus on earth. he was responsible for fertility and thus had to pray to the gods for it. he had to build shrines and other places of worship to appease the gods

administrator- had to ensure upper and lower egypt were united. also appointed to vizier and an efficient bureaucracy to oversee the running of the country

economic leader- talk about trade with other countries. and also getting gold from nubia. had to uphold ma'at by ensuring eco prosperity of egypt

upholder of ma'at- required to uphold truth and justice. was the Chief Justice and final court of appeal. if he didn't uphold justice, chaos would ensue

protector of egypt- leader of the army. defended egypt. we see inscriptions of the king single-handedly defeating the bedouins, asiatics etc. used this force to make other countries hand over their natural resources

anyway, expand on those points, depending on how many marks it's worth. you'll need historians' opinions for 10 mark q's. otherwise the points i've written are enough

hope this helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)