Old Kingdom Egypt (1 Viewer)

~bumchum~

~shake it baybee!~
HSC
cud neone plz help me with these questionz..or if u hve ne notez on them...as in Old kingdom egypt...send em 2 suga_sandy@hotmail.com...thaaaaaaaaanx! mwaz

okaa..

Describe the main features of a typical Sun Temple?

Explain how the development of Sun Temple reflects the changes in religion in Old Kingdom Egypt?

And ne otha info abt tha livez of women in old kingdom egypt...lyk..nethin..sitez..notez..nethin!..thanx agen

amelia

amelia
HSC
Describe the main features of a typical Sun Temple?
The thing that really stood out with the sun temples was that they had no roof. Akhenaten changed the religion to worshipping theaten , and cos Aten was depicted as a SUN disc , the temples had no roof to let the sun light in. Other features inculde inscriptions to the aten like prayers and stuff on columns. I think they were loated at Karnak near thebes.
This demonstrated changes in the religion as traditionally the temples had roofs and were dedicated to other gods , this was a dramatic change in the style of the temples , no other Pharaoh had bulit a temple in this fashion before.
Very breif but i hope that gives some sort of idea - thats how i would have answerd the questions

amelia

amelia
HSC
Oh women were expected to be beatuiful and be obediant - the sort of traditional 1950's role only in the egyptian context. Also they expected to beable to bear children etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)