OMG @ the workload (1 Viewer)

Swalden

HSC
You won't regret the workload when it comes to sitting the HSC

tku336

HSC
You should never be overworked for the HSC, until maybe the week before trials and the week before HSC. It's just about consistency throughout the year.

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
4 unit math is disgusting and feral as it is. I say drop it as soon as you can and settle with 3 unit. Seriously, if it takes you 3 hours a night to finish your homework and it's numbing your brain, you're not cut out for it. It's good to push yourself and all but you need to realize your limits and be realistic.

saberbladexx

HSC
Lol i guy at my school is doing 5u history,3u math,eng,phy and chem, 14U!!!
LOL hes gonna get owned by the workload, everyone knows hes not going to be able to handle it.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
hey guys,
I'm gonna drop one of either:
4u maths - unknown
3u maths - 2nd in prelim
history extension - unknown
studies of religion - 15th in prelim

which one? any advice?

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Probably drop SoR if you absolutely have to drop any units. Don't give up in maths, it's just a knee-jerk reaction to the increased workload. Stay cool, and hopefully you'll at least get used to it (I wish you luck anyway). I've seen your maths in other forums, you've got a talent in the subject. Don't give up now at the end of the road, this is the toughest part of the climb, but afterwards, you'll be in heaven. Give it a go for another couple of weeks, then think about it again. You're good at maths, a few bad early results doen't mean you are an instant failure, try your best to improve.

Hope I helped.

BHS10

Shining Down On You.
HSC
hey guys,
4u maths - unknown
3u maths - 2nd in prelim

which one? any advice?
4 unit maths/SOR.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Definitely drop SOR, if not then history extension and if not that then 4U maths.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
ah okay.. I'm getting mixed opinions on this. maybe i should wait a little longer to see which one I do better in.

shady145

Banned
HSC
LOL hes gonna get owned by the workload, everyone knows hes not going to be able to handle it.
i did 14 units for a term in year 12... workload wasnt that great definetely not 3 hrs of maths a night... it was more like 3 hrs or less all up... i dropped D&T because it took finances away from my weekend stuffs XD

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
*sigh* maybe because I'm just slow.... but I didn't have maths homework tonight :D it felt so good to do zero maths one night.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Probably drop SoR if you absolutely have to drop any units. Don't give up in maths, it's just a knee-jerk reaction to the increased workload. Stay cool, and hopefully you'll at least get used to it (I wish you luck anyway). I've seen your maths in other forums, you've got a talent in the subject. Don't give up now at the end of the road, this is the toughest part of the climb, but afterwards, you'll be in heaven. Give it a go for another couple of weeks, then think about it again. You're good at maths, a few bad early results doen't mean you are an instant failure, try your best to improve.

Hope I helped.
...maths ...heaven?

this is concerning.

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
:( not very motivational for me :( i'm doing 14 units ...
i did 14 units for a term in year 12... workload wasnt that great definetely not 3 hrs of maths a night... it was more like 3 hrs or less all up... i dropped D&T because it took finances away from my weekend stuffs XD
for a term?! did you get any 'free' periods? i'm getting one each fortnight only.

Mu5hi

Banned
HSC
hey guys,
4u maths - unknown
3u maths - 2nd in prelim

which one? any advice?
do you put effort into SOR, or are like 99% of the state and dont give to shits. If you dont put effort, dropping it wont do you any favors.

I would say
SOR (if you do the work, put effort in)
then either
Hist ext or 4u, depending on which one you dont enjoy as much out of the two.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)