On Campus Accommodation (1 Viewer)

melodic_gal

HSC
I ve been thinking about living on one of those On Campus Accommodation so i can be close to uni

I wonder if anyone here recommends it ...
like is it worth living in?
afforable?
Which on campus accommodation would you recommend is the best..second etc

weiwern28

HSC
N/A
It all depends on your preferences like do you want to cook or have catered food. I used to live in DLC and it was pretty convenient that all meals are catered except for Saturday dinners. Also, there would be a cleaner coming in each week just to clean your room and toilet, etc. Problem was that the food was really bad (don't know if they've improved now) and internet service was terrible (had to pay 5 cents per mb of download before). However, the semester after I left DLC, they jacked fees up by 1k and I heard now you get unlimited internet and a free membership to the gym. Can't really comment on RMC. Currently in MUV, staying in a house with friends from DLC and I find it much more affordable (paying around $180 each week). Although now I have to cook my meals but thats pretty fun (I've never cooked in my life before so its something new). Plus the walk to uni has lengthened by 5-10 mins approximately (used to leave 5 mins before classes start when I lived in DLC but now I live around 15 mins before).

hannahxxx

HSC
I would definitely recommend it. I'm currently I am at MUV ( have been for 2 years) and I love it. I don't pay for my accommodation, my parents offered to, but it is approx. $185 p/w (utilities included). I live with four other people, and I find that you take away really good friendships from the experience, even after they've moved out/ gone back overseas. As far as I'm aware, the cheapest on-campus accommodation is at MUV. When I calculated what it cost to stay at the colleges, it ended up being $350+ per week, which is mind boggling. Anyone who lives in the colleges feel free to correct me on this if it has changed. You don't get your rooms cleaned, or your meals cooked at MUV, but personally I prefer it that way ( I really don't want a cleaner going into my room, or having to eat college food). Although MUV is the cheapest option, I know of houses around Marsfield being advertised at around $120 per week, so on-campus accommodation is still expensive in comparison. At MUV there's a social calendar with events on all the time ( they organise sport teams, do movie nights at the administration building, take buses to the beach, and have free pizza nights/BBQs etc). They also have a computer lab and games room with a pool table etc which is open 24/7. The gym is a 5 minute walk and there are bus stops right outside (which goes to the city, MQ centre etc). So yeah all up its a great place to live. I like living on campus, rather than somewhere else ( which may be cheaper) in Marsfield because you've got security guards/ resident assistants available 24/7 to contact if your locked out, or someone's playing their music too loud etc. Hope that helps

Monstar

HSC
Been to MUV a few times.. pretty sick . It looks like a mad party lifestyle.

melodic_gal

HSC
Yeah I agree MUV is cheaper...might go there if get into mac
I went on tour to DLC looks alright but it is so damn expensive im not keen on catering food thing.

myhairbrush

HSC
Hey there,

If youre interested in off campus accommodation I have a room to rent in lane cove, here are the details:

1 furnished bedroom available for two students to share in a large 2 bedroom apartment. Located in Lane Cove in a quiet unit block, right on the bus route for both Macquarie University/ Macquarie Centre and City.
Short walk to Lane Cove Shops (supermarkets, cafes, banks, post office and sporting facilities) and a 5-minute bus ride to Chatswood.
Share fully furnished bathroom, laundry, kitchen and large living area with a young female professional.
The bedroom is furnished with built in wardrobe, 2 single beds, drawers and desk if desired.
Would suit responsible, clean, tidy, non-smokers. Rent is $160 pp plus utilities.

Room available from 7th February 2009. Call me, Leah 0417 500 799.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)