ONE NOTE v Handwriting Notes (1 Viewer)

themonalisa

HSC
hey Guys ive just finished my first month of studying law, and i need some advice on the best way to organise my notes.

Ive been handwriting them into notebooks, but i find come revision time, its hard to switch back and forth finding information for tutorial questions and i feel its slightly disorganised since theres no "search" button.

so should i do the whole "laptop" thing and keep everythign there - will this implicate my writing ability come exam time?

what do u guys think?

Gmac_0

HSC
I write pretty much all uni notes by hand in a notebook, not that I write a whole lot in lectures. I could use One Note or similar tablet programs on my laptop, but I don't because it is not only pointless (Tablets are useless, waste of money, I don't advise buying one) but I find a computer is just distracting, and extra unecessary weight to cart around. I used a laptop all through HS and my hand writing really hasn't been affected by using a laptop, though I can't speak for everyone, I know there were a minority of a few people with shockingly illegible writing at school (due to laptops is up for debate I suppose).

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
If you can type fast enough, which most people can faster than writing, go for it imo... One Note 2010 is mad, plus the addition of audio also makes it good.

dawdlex3

HSC
Laptops generally guarantee you of taking more notes than when you handwrite, and your hands are less sore. :) You don't have to worry too much about losing your notes either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)