online enrollment? (1 Viewer)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
If you're a new student you will enrol on your appointed day in February.

Salliea

HSC
hi,

i'm doing bachelor of commerce-professional accounting at macquarie uni
HELLO!!!
I'm doing the same course as you~~ >w<

I tried getting through the steps on the PDF, but when I got to "ENROL in units" it wouldn't let me tick the box :\ The PDF file expained that "If a unit is unavailable for enrolment, the checkbox on the right hand side will not be selectable. This could be because the unit is not available for the study period or the enrolment quota for that unit has been reached or the unit has a third time enrolment sanction or because the prerequisites have not been met."
Are you experiencing a problem here too? Just wondering....

I'll try and call MQU tomorrow since i'm quiet confused now too haha

But, from what i've understood from before, as first year students, we're meant to enrol on campus sometime next week? I have mine on the 8th, though my friend who got into a different course has her's on the 10th :\ hm...

MrBean1561

HSC
Uni Grad
As may cat already said, new students are supposed to enroll on their allocated day in February. Not everyone is going to have the same day.

builder2818

HSC
I'm doing a b.comm majoring in finance and my enrolment day is Monday 6 february at 10.00 am.

gfdsapoiuytrewq

HSC
HELLO!!!
I'm doing the same course as you~~ >w<

I tried getting through the steps on the PDF, but when I got to "ENROL in units" it wouldn't let me tick the box :\ The PDF file expained that "If a unit is unavailable for enrolment, the checkbox on the right hand side will not be selectable. This could be because the unit is not available for the study period or the enrolment quota for that unit has been reached or the unit has a third time enrolment sanction or because the prerequisites have not been met."
Are you experiencing a problem here too? Just wondering....

I'll try and call MQU tomorrow since i'm quiet confused now too haha

But, from what i've understood from before, as first year students, we're meant to enrol on campus sometime next week? I have mine on the 8th, though my friend who got into a different course has her's on the 10th :\ hm...
yeh the same thing happened to me, the green bar is half way and i cant tick/select my course!
i was going to call them today too, so just wondering if you've called already or not, and what they said to you?

i also thought that we were meant to enrol at our on-campus enrollment day, mine is on the 9th of feb, i got the option of the 8th but i wouldnt be able to make it then. when is your orientation day?
one more question, does the time matter for the on-campus enrolment?, for example if mine is 12 then can i come to the 9.30 one on the same day?

rayy_bann

HSC
yeh the same thing happened to me, the green bar is half way and i cant tick/select my course!
i was going to call them today too, so just wondering if you've called already or not, and what they said to you?

i also thought that we were meant to enrol at our on-campus enrollment day, mine is on the 9th of feb, i got the option of the 8th but i wouldnt be able to make it then. when is your orientation day?
one more question, does the time matter for the on-campus enrolment?, for example if mine is 12 then can i come to the 9.30 one on the same day?
This makes 3 of us! The same thing happens to me when I go on Estudent! But if any of you guys actually do manage to call please reply here. I spent like an hour yesterday trying to reach them but apparently they were "currently attending to someone", so I gave up. Now I just can't be bothered.

But through SEVERAL sources, the general reply to this question is that we do have to go to our specified enrollment day this month. But regardless, someone please confirm with actual Macquarie university staff as some of us are worried we won't get our preferred tutorials etc.

While on topic, were you guys able to pick your own enrollment day? As I logged into Estudent and stated my accepted course, the only option for me was the 7th of February, which I had to take on. For those who are still contemplating what time they should go to their enrollment day, I recommend the earliest time you are able to go so as to assure you can enrol in your units faster. And make sure you have your 'proposed units form' ready and filled!

gfdsapoiuytrewq

HSC
i might try and call mqu sometime later today or tomorrow, i have already picked my on-campus enrollment day/time, but was wondering what would happen if i went earlier than my time but still on the same day. So my enrollment day is the 9th of feb at 12.30, but i want to go to the morning session at 9.30, so i was wondering if that would create a problem, or if it would be fine for me to go earlier (still on the same day though)??

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I will repeat one more time, first year students will enrol on their allocated 'on campus enrolment day'. This is because new students must receive compulsory academic advice, in person, before they enrol. You will not be disadvantaged in receiving your tutorial times as continuing students will not be taking the units that you plan to do (100 level). Please trust me on this, it has been confirmed by several people (including myself) that have in the past and currently do work at at MQ.

Also, please do arrive at your allocated time. Keep in mind the university will be processing hundreds upon hundreds of new students over those few days, they stagger you at different times for a reason; so they can deal with the sheer number of you! If you all go at different (earlier) times you will shit this up and make the day longer and harder on both yourself and the staff trying to help you.

Last edited:

gfdsapoiuytrewq

HSC
okay thanks for the clarification, i was just making sure cos when i called mq uni about a week ago to ask about something else, the guy on the phone said that it would make a difference what time i came :/ so i just wanted to make sure if it was okay or not.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
okay thanks for the clarification, i was just making sure cos when i called mq uni about a week ago to ask about something else, the guy on the phone said that it would make a difference what time i came :/ so i just wanted to make sure if it was okay or not.

lol @ your username.

gfdsapoiuytrewq

HSC
haha i wanted something shorter and more simple, but they were all taken, this was the only thing left even "fdsapoiuytrewq" was taken and everything before it lol, i clearly wasnt thinking very creatively then

Salliea

HSC
New students must attend their on-campus enrolment session before they can enrol via eStudent. The instructions on the PDF file is only for after you have attended your enrolment session.

For those who called, were you advised this too?

Last edited:

sanndiiee

HSC

Well funnily enough I was wondering the same thing. I'm doing the B Commerce- Professional Accounting as well and booked in 9th Feb at 12 noon only later realising that I probably should have tried to get an earlier time. Oh well guess we'll just have to see what happens now... :uhhuh:

Last edited:

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Well I'm on the 17th (have no choice for some reason - maybe it's when the law kids are enrolling) and I have to enrol in commerce units. Not a biggie though. It happens every year to the new students and they sort it out, like may cat said.

rayy_bann

HSC
Well I'm on the 17th (have no choice for some reason - maybe it's when the law kids are enrolling) and I have to enrol in commerce units. Not a biggie though. It happens every year to the new students and they sort it out, like may cat said.
Hey Azure! Actually, I'm doing BCommerce/BLaws and my enrollment day is on the 7th of february.

I registered a day after the offers were given during the main round. I don't know if this affected my choice of enrollment dates, but apparently this was the only date assigned to me.

So seeing this, I reckon law students enrol in varying dates during february. I know a few during the 6th/7th/8th.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Oh what.

That's terrible. I signed up rather quickly but was only given the option of the 17th.

Oh well =/

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
OH I see what the problem is. I ticked "requesting credit for prior studies".

Ugh I need to call tomorrow and confirm whether I need to select this. I just need credit for my previous MQ units (which should automatically be counted anyway).

Edit: Scratch that, already been given credit and admitted into new course (but can't enrol). Student enquiries has given me conflicting advice twice now. Really getting annoying. Signed up for the 8th which is much better. :)

Thanks for that. Really appreciate it.

Last edited:

rayy_bann

HSC
OH I see what the problem is. I ticked "requesting credit for prior studies".

Ugh I need to call tomorrow and confirm whether I need to select this. I just need credit for my previous MQ units (which should automatically be counted anyway).

Edit: Scratch that, already been given credit and admitted into new course (but can't enrol). Student enquiries has given me conflicting advice twice now. Really getting annoying. Signed up for the 8th which is much better. :)

Thanks for that. Really appreciate it.
Yeah! Now that's heaps earlier!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)