onstage 2005 news (1 Viewer)

*bettyboop*

congrats to everyone eles who got nominated
apparently this year has changed a bit. instead of having 2 programs theres only one, meaning that the chances of getting in are smaller. they'd useually have say about 18-19 ppl all up groups and ip's and im just talking performances here, but cos of the one program thing there may only be about 10 ppl over the whole state who get chosen. how crazy is that.
this is wat ive heard, maybe from a teacher i forget i just thought id tell ya. also they watched to videos sent it 2 days ago, so we should all find out soon. yay ! dont get down if u dont get in remeber it has to be variety and the program has to be different. and plus 30/30 man u cant do better than that.

if anyone finds out write back asap let everyone know
caitlin

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
and why would they do that? and where did that person hear it from?

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
ah, no i didnt get nominated... i was just sympathising with all those who did.. i could imagine how they'd have felt.
best of luck trigger!

*bettyboop*

hey trigger
i heard it from some teacher or sumthing from my school
im hoping its not true! i want the most chances as we can get. did u get nominated for anything trigger??

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
that's INSANITY if they only have ONE program. From the sounds of it, they've given out quite a lot of nominations. How do they choose 10 out of the possible 50 nominations? (or however many they've nominated).

i hope that's not true for the nominees sake. but, hey, those who got nominated, at least u know u got 30/30!

*bettyboop*

i know i hope its not true either. its just sumthing i heard. apparently they were more tight on marking, so for those who got nominated good work you must of been great.. you serious u reckon theres about 50 ahh they watched them the other day so we should all know whether or not very soon

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
bettyboop i reckon there's more than 50! at my friend's school, they have about 30 in drama and every single person got nominated for gp and majority got nominated for IP, so yeh im thinking there's more than 50 applicants :)

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
Holy fuck, grk_style thats just insane!! Are you sure? There was another group and quite a few individuals that our teacher thought could be nominated, but we figured they mostly limit it to one per school and a few nominations for "those" schools. But, I heard Newtown only got 3 nominations? My friends are friends with people there. Bettyboop my school is Campbelltown Performing Arts High School. Theres actually a few people who were nominated from Bored of Studies, check out the Onstage nomination thread.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
yeh trig, it is insane. but no it's not one from each school. the school im talking about is MLC, and all their GP's got nominated like i said. and all the girls who did performance IP (bar one...poor honey) also got nominated.

but guys...we all know it's political. :p

taxman

make poverty
HSC
Shite ol Greeky....girl...that's bizarro! How many 'favours' were given from your school?

As far as GP's go, is it even remotely possible to get into onstage by doing a comedy? The GP myself and my mate have planned is pretty strange...in a comedic way...umm...I can't remember what I was getting at now. The question I ask is, what sort of performances get nominated for Onstage? I think...

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
Comedy is the best way to go with a Group Performance. We kept ours simple and funny. And yes, the favourites at Onstage are usually the hilarious ones, so it's very, very possible.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
i am a walking party.

Girls in my presence instinctivly jump on to tables.

Boys, without knowing why, suddenly decide to bumb into the next perosn they walk past, trying to start a fight.

Then, when i am gone, everyones only recollection seems to be a hangover, and they're coverd in bruses, so they proceed to apologise to everyone they meet for the rest of the day, just in case they were the reason for the bruses.

On stage, here i come.

V

val_dramaqueen

You guys were saying "hey at least you know you got 30/30"... but wasn't there the whole debate that nomination doesn't indicate mark?

V

val_dramaqueen

Egronk said:
i am a walking party.

Girls in my presence instinctivly jump on to tables.

Boys, without knowing why, suddenly decide to bumb into the next perosn they walk past, trying to start a fight.

Then, when i am gone, everyones only recollection seems to be a hangover, and they're coverd in bruses, so they proceed to apologise to everyone they meet for the rest of the day, just in case they were the reason for the bruses.

On stage, here i come.
ok
........???
that was a bit random...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)