Onstage Nominatoins (1 Viewer)

hannahb

HSC
i would imagine that submitted project would have been marked and therefore nominations gone out but i personally don't know of anyone who has been nominated.
i dont think that there is any biasm towards the location of school...i think if you have the talent and concept you're in with a chance regardless, rural, district or metropolitan location...congratulations

V

val_dramaqueen

hannahb said:
i dont think that there is any biasm towards the location of school...i think if you have the talent and concept you're in with a chance regardless, rural, district or metropolitan location...congratulations
BUT THERE BLOODY WELL IS!! :vcross:
ENOUGH OF THE FRIGGIN RURAL NOMINATION TALK CAUSE IT'D DRIVING ME HEAD IN!
i've said it enough times to make myself go blind! :mad:

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Okay, YES it is more difficult to organise a regional school and it costs much more to get them to onstage, thus, they are less likely to get into OnStage unless they are first in the state or something. BUT with submitted IPs, There is likely to be LESS bias towards regional schools.

Okay, so regional guys, stop. City folk, STOP PROVOKING!

*dusts hands* thats it!

(Damn, my mate who makes fun of me for that doesnt use the forum! :p)

Alaranth

Some guys from my school (Monaro, totaly regional,) got in! I think our last one was in 2000 or so...
If they get in, you'll know it if I say one word: Barry. It's kind of a comedy, and they used heaps of techniques. It's 3 people looking for "Barry", who may or may not exist. It's really good!
What's also kinda cool is the 3 people in it, one girl has been our Rock Eisteddfod female lead for 3 years, one was male lead this year, and one did lighting this year! Kinda cool, hey?
I just hope my class can match them (and you guys!) next year!

V

val_dramaqueen

Kyroth said:
Some guys from my school (Monaro, totaly regional,) got in! I think our last one was in 2000 or so...
If they get in, you'll know it if I say one word: Barry. It's kind of a comedy, and they used heaps of techniques. It's 3 people looking for "Barry", who may or may not exist. It's really good!
What's also kinda cool is the 3 people in it, one girl has been our Rock Eisteddfod female lead for 3 years, one was male lead this year, and one did lighting this year! Kinda cool, hey?
I just hope my class can match them (and you guys!) next year!
kinda sounds like the Group Devised that was at onstage a coiplea years back: Doug.
where doug was actually water...
correct me if i'm wrong

V

val_dramaqueen

Will_Sparky said:
Okay, YES it is more difficult to organise a regional school and it costs much more to get them to onstage, thus, they are less likely to get into OnStage unless they are first in the state or something. BUT with submitted IPs, There is likely to be LESS bias towards regional schools.

Okay, so regional guys, stop. City folk, STOP PROVOKING!

*dusts hands* thats it!

(Damn, my mate who makes fun of me for that doesnt use the forum! :p)
thanks... that really needed to be said! now we can all go along with our lives, regional and city all together in harmony.... :rolleyes:

V

val_dramaqueen

there was no sarcasm at all!... :p

so, who's gonna be watching OnStage with me next year? :D
(see? i'm on topic!)

nics

yeah a guy from my school got nominated for individual....
impersonation steve irwin basically pretty funny

V

val_dramaqueen

nics said:
yeah a guy from my school got nominated for individual....
impersonation steve irwin basically pretty funny
i thought that performances that basically copied a charcter from tv/film/etc weren't acceptable?

_esor_

HSC
woah so a bunch of nominations have come out and ppl have sent their videos of performances in and stuff...
but does anyone know when they get final notification of whether they're in or not?? coz we're booking 50 tickets or something for onstage, and it would really bum if our guys IP gets in and we've booked the wrong night....

any word yet??

hehe and val, i was kinda thinking the same thing when u wrote that comment about that piece "doug" from a few years back....yeesh...(dunnoif u remember me, rose from drama camp last yr??)

_esor_

HSC
Yaha, we met again at a leadership conference, and at usyd, with emily ******??

hiii!!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
V

val_dramaqueen

rose! hi! of course i remember you... didn't think you'd remember me?!
hehehe... yes, that group devised sounds awfully like "doug"... im sure it's good... but if i see it, i may just keep referring back to "doug"

oh and p.s: Skillo is here too, from drama camp

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)