onstage people '05' (1 Viewer)

thatjazz

HSC
Umm...Reuben...surely you and I both know that Rouge Boy is going to be the star or Armidale...

*hold it*

LMFAO!!!!!!!!

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
the argument about people from rural towns not getting in to OnStage seems to be invalid now. Coz a lot of people from rural towns have gotten in this year, and other city students who SHOULD have gotten in, have not i guess.

weird year i say.

but congrats to everyone who got nominated and who got in!

katatonic

Bloody hell there is alot of whinging in here! i'm sorry to everyone who didn't get in but i think that it is incredibly narrow minded of you to assume that ur performance is the best out there when you haven't seen any others outside of your own area. remember every drama student in the state is eligable. those of us who made it in did so because we worked hard and devised something original not because of the status of our schools or our connections and for you to try and undermind our achievement is unfair. just because you weren't nominated or selected does not mean that entire process is "biased" or "rigged" in any way. please, have some pride and try to accept the results gracefully.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
swivelchair said:
Bloody hell there is alot of whinging in here! i'm sorry to everyone who didn't get in but i think that it is incredibly narrow minded of you to assume that ur performance is the best out there when you haven't seen any others outside of your own area. remember every drama student in the state is eligable. those of us who made it in did so because we worked hard and devised something original not because of the status of our schools or our connections and for you to try and undermind our achievement is unfair. just because you weren't nominated or selected does not mean that entire process is "biased" or "rigged" in any way. please, have some pride and try to accept the results gracefully.

Swivelchair, I dont think that any of us were actually implying that we had the best performances in the state. You may need to take this a little less personally, anything stated by a member was not a personal attack on your or your major works!

However, we all worked EXTREMLY hard on our Major Works and Group Projects and the implication you made that you "worked hard" and that your project was more "original" than ours is just as bad as what you are accusing us of. We're not undermining your achievment, just understand that you should degrade us for our lack of.

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
grk_styl said:
the argument about people from rural towns not getting in to OnStage seems to be invalid now.
A lot from Frikken Northern NSW!
GRRRRR! They ignore the frikken 500km south of Sydney. They did it with State Drama Camp...there were 7 people South of Sydney there including myself out of a total of 92. And there were over 200 applicants from our region....

Frikken frikken frikken.

I support Sparky...in regards to Swivelchair's comments. It seems that Swivelchair is implying that none of our pieces were original or that we didn't work hard. Blurrgh.

tendays said:
Mind you, that sometimes, like selection for Art Express, they take into account how it would look in the venue that it's performed at. Even if you got high marks and was nominated, maybe they didn't think it was suitable for performance on a thrust stage (I think it was thrust, from memory)
That's the best point that has been brought up in this forum for a long time. Rep for you.

katatonic

i appologise for any comments that i made that may have offended anyone in any way. there have just been some comments made in this forum, particularly on the first page, that really rubbed me the rong way. i reacted to these rather emotionally and for that i appologise. also any comment that i made about hard work or originality was simply as opposed to the remarks that seemed to be implying that ppl only got onto onstage through sucking up and connections and was not meant to imply that those who were not selected worked any less or were any less original. ok have i eaten enough humble pie yet?

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
swivelchair said:
i appologise for any comments that i made that may have offended anyone in any way. there have just been some comments made in this forum, particularly on the first page, that really rubbed me the rong way. i reacted to these rather emotionally and for that i appologise. also any comment that i made about hard work or originality was simply as opposed to the remarks that seemed to be implying that ppl only got onto onstage through sucking up and connections and was not meant to imply that those who were not selected worked any less or were any less original. ok have i eaten enough humble pie yet?
Eat some more fatty

cmaddogz

Maddogz Productions
HSC
Wow, i've finally posted something up here - for the first time in who knows how long!

Firstly, congratulations to all the people the were nominated for OnStage... A further conratulations, and a good luck, to the people who have been accepted... Furthermore, another congratulations to those selected for Writers OnStage, OnScreen, OnWall, and whatever the rest of the IP's are called!

I logged on here, to see the usual arguement about OnStage. I will give you the 100% run-down - right here, right now (well, an hour later for all you Sydney people - Gold Coast is awesome by the way)... The OnStage NOMINATION process for Performances (I.E. both Individual and Group) occurs once all the Performance IP's and GP's have been completed... There is then a commitee that asks for a of the performance, and from there they make a final decision... Much like ArtExpress, OnStage is highly subjective but does take in external factors such as
  • Content
  • Duration
  • Performance Space (if your performance can be adapted to fit the performance space)
  • and then (and this is a highly sceptical point) the slight bias for public schools over private schools
The final point must be noted, for it is the BOARD OF STUDIES (BOS) and the DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION AND TRAINING (DET) that make the final decision. These are both PUBLIC organisations, run by the NSW government... So, without getting too technical on you - they would prefer to promote public schools (and hence, the public school system) over private schools... It is a point that can be argued from both sides, and an arguement i wish not to delve into - but, for anybody going to OnStage next year, note the amount of Private schools that are on display in the foyer... Then, compare this to the amount of Public schools that perform in either Program A or B... You'll notice that the DET/BOS don't mind putting the Private schools on show (as they "assume" that people don't take as much notice as the performances [and the program that people can take home and note, "wow! that group went to (one of the best, if not the best drama school) Newtown High School of the Performing Arts"] They note that many of the performances are from Public schools, and this gives hope to the Public school Year 12 drama students)... Alright, so this is pretty much the low down, FROM MY PERSPECTIVE and MY RESEARCH!

I wish you all the best in dealing with the anticipation of getting your results.... Good luck everybody, and enjoy life before uni (or life before work)...

Ciao everyone!

spencertas

Hey Guys,
I'm FREAKING out, I got a call from the BOS the other day about my IP for onstage and how it has to be changed due to copyright!! Half the shit I have used is from cabaret so I'm really confused in what they want changed, so they told me to call all these people and I cant get on to anyone cause they are on holidays! And now i don't know what to do :(. well if you all still get to see my IP 'live and let live' be sure to remember that it has been changed and i hate copyright people!

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
swivelchair said:
Hmm, first page. I assume you're talking about me? Alright, as this thread has recently been brought back up, I would like to take this opportunity to appologise for my rant. I tried to make it clear in that post that it was just a one-off burst of frustration. Obviously, I had just finished the HSC and was also going through a difficult time - Drama kept me sane this year and our piece meant a lot to me. I didn't mean to offend, and I'm sorry. It's just the rejection letter is so brief and cold and really left me cut.

My friend Mitch Warren, a member of our Group Performance made the exhibition for his script "Jean's Machine" - so please look out for his work, because it's great. But even he rathered our group piece made it in over his script. Nevertheless, it's brilliant, and I'm happy for him.

I don't see myself hanging around this board too much more, so cheers guys. It was a terrible year for me, and I'm so glad it's over. Good luck for all your futures.

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
i dont care if anyone apoligizes, i am really offended by all this.

Our GP was so good that we were approached by SBS to turn it into a mini-series but we were snubbed by onstage. The whole selection thing is really crap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)