OnStage? (1 Viewer)

smithica

HSC
niteshade1312 said:
i hate when people start saying things are getting marked, we will know when someone pops onto this forum and says that they have comfirmation, until that time, stop raising teh hopes of everyone!

lol .... im really sorry! lol it's just, i just wanted 2 let u all no that designs and stuff will find out soon....we had a hell of a wait so its good to no its soon, sorry again..... lol can u imagine how im feeling having study lessons at school witha teacher saying .....any day now any day..... it made me so nervous english study was usless!!!!!

sorry

niteshade1312

HSC
smithica said:
lol .... im really sorry! lol it's just, i just wanted 2 let u all no that designs and stuff will find out soon....we had a hell of a wait so its good to no its soon, sorry again..... lol can u imagine how im feeling having study lessons at school witha teacher saying .....any day now any day..... it made me so nervous english study was usless!!!!!

sorry
I would kill the teacher, having that pressure on my back!!

HSC
Onstage

Im not sure if i read write but i swear when i went pass manly selective school they said that they got into onstage on there board thing

Last edited:

emo

i was just wondering if anyone knows roughly how many groups and indi's get nominated for onstage

vzd

HSC
i was just wandering if anyone knows if the major works that are not performances have been nominated for onstage yet.

Gummy_bear

HSC
vzd said:
i was just wandering if anyone knows if the major works that are not performances have been nominated for onstage yet.
im pretty sure no one has heard yet as all the submitted workds are only just beginning to get marked.
We should fine out by the end of the exams, or a little after that.
Remember, there are a lot of different things to mark and it takes a long time.

karyn2283

hey i don't think that anyone has heard who is nominated for onstage. They are never released until early to mid november so i don't know what all you people are saying you already know for!

kristie87

HSC
karyn2283 said:
hey i don't think that anyone has heard who is nominated for onstage. They are never released until early to mid november so i don't know what all you people are saying you already know for!
Most people who did performance and GP know they've been nominated because they've all been marked since Friday the 2nd of August and those who get nominated for performance get notified on the spot apparently, hence why people are saying they've been nominated for GP and IP (as in individual performance) - as far as I know, noone has said they've been nominated for Design, Critical Analysis and the likes because they haven't even finished the marking for that yet...

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
kristie87 said:
Most people who did performance and GP know they've been nominated because they've all been marked since Friday the 2nd of August and those who get nominated for performance get notified on the spot apparently, hence why people are saying they've been nominated for GP and IP (as in individual performance) - as far as I know, noone has said they've been nominated for Design, Critical Analysis and the likes because they haven't even finished the marking for that yet...
we dont get notified on the spot, our teachers receive a letter in writing letting us know of the nomination after all performances have been marked. but there are hundreds of nominations for performance and only 20 something confirmed places, so its not final yet.

hell! i feel like im on a reality program! :eek:

m.a.

HSC
so has any costume design people found out yet?
no gp or monos got in from my school - im really suprised cos we have the BEST teacher in the world and one girl is seriously the next cate blanchett
oh well, last years stuff i didnt think was too good.
still got me hopes up for costume, but again, i thought last years were realy bad, so maybe they just take medium level ones so the good ones dont freak people out. or maybe last years grade was just crap...

Gummy_bear

HSC
m.a. said:
so has any costume design people found out yet?
no gp or monos got in from my school - im really suprised cos we have the BEST teacher in the world and one girl is seriously the next cate blanchett
oh well, last years stuff i didnt think was too good.
still got me hopes up for costume, but again, i thought last years were realy bad, so maybe they just take medium level ones so the good ones dont freak people out. or maybe last years grade was just crap...
id have to disagree with you there, i thought last years onstage costume designs were very good, esspecially the costume design for twelfth night. and remember, they are not only marking on the level of artistic talent, but the actualy costume design, and from a performance point of view, the costumes were unique, innovative and would work well on the stage.

looking through last years onstage costume and set right now online, and i think they are awsome. but that is just my opinion.

kristie87

HSC
I have to agree with you Gummy bear - I LOVED the Twelfth Night costume design from last year - it was awesome - and all of them did a fantastic job!

As if the Board would just say "Ha, congratulations, you're freaking mediocre, welcome to Onstage" - everyone who gets through to Onstage gets through for a reason and usually you'll find that the level of talent there is far beyond mediocre or 'medium level'. The markers obviously see a flair in their creativity, which I believe is one of the marking guidelines as well.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i also liked the costumes last year. i think that the written and submitted projects arent quite as subjective as the performances, and thus there arent as many disputes over quality.

m.a:
as has been said many times before: many people are looked over for nominations for a number of reasons. perhaps the performance had adult themes or perhaps the markers didnt see it working in a different performance space. in any case, everyone tried their best and the what the markers are looking for nobody knows.

anyway, i am a little annoyed at how few people are nominated for drama as compared to visual arts. there was only one nomination from my school for drama, whereas art has had over 10. i cant see why there cant be more performances at different venues to give more people a chance to perform again. after getting this far, i think ill be really upset if i dont get through to confirmation for onstage. its messing with my head :eek:

Gummy_bear

HSC
and of course, you have to get 30/30 to be nominated. although i have heard of some special cases where a marker nominated a group because they thought they deserved to get into onstage even tho they didnt get the marks according to the syllabus. there are cases like that, but all set and costume etc. have to get 30/30 to become nominated so they must of been good ^^

now im just hoping i can do well enough for my costume.

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
AlleyCat said:
i

anyway, i am a little annoyed at how few people are nominated for drama as compared to visual arts. there was only one nomination from my school for drama, whereas art has had over 10. i cant see why there cant be more performances at different venues to give more people a chance to perform again. after getting this far, i think ill be really upset if i dont get through to confirmation for onstage. its messing with my head :eek:
Oooo, hang on. I got into ArtExpress last year, and it was still really hard. They pre-select more people for AE because it's easier to view an artwork and then say no...for performance you have to spend a lot more time viewing...that's why they can't have as many.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Skillo said:
Oooo, hang on. I got into ArtExpress last year, and it was still really hard. They pre-select more people for AE because it's easier to view an artwork and then say no...for performance you have to spend a lot more time viewing...that's why they can't have as many.
oh i know its still hard but with both exhibitions and the myer windows etc there are way more opportunities to show the art. i see what you mean about viewing, but still, i think they could give more people a chance.

i for one am pretty unsure about my chances because my piece had adult themes. to give me a nomination and then take it away because of the adult themes is worse than not giving me the nomination at all i think...

kristie87

HSC
Gummy_bear said:
and of course, you have to get 30/30 to be nominated. although i have heard of some special cases where a marker nominated a group because they thought they deserved to get into onstage even tho they didnt get the marks according to the syllabus. there are cases like that, but all set and costume etc. have to get 30/30 to become nominated so they must of been good ^^

D'you really have to get 30/30? Whoa. I mean - I was marked by my teachers as 30/30 - but that's my teachers...when you're going up against the actual markers ... argh. Much angst.

Good luck for your costume design though, Gummy bear. I hope my Promotion & Program can crank out something good too - but I probably shouldn't set my hopes too high. Sounds pretty hard.

smithica

HSC
Gummy_bear said:
but all set and costume etc. have to get 30/30 to become nominated so they must of been good ^^

wait, u don't have to get 30/30 for anything to be nominated for onstage, even in the designs stuff and what not, a student at my school got nominated for the 04 onstage and only got 29 (a crit analysis) for his ip, i mean 29 is pretty much 30 but we can't rule out those who arn't 100% ppl because there ideas could be what sells it, not how they stuck entirely to the syllabus

angelar

yeah in the onstage nomination letter this year it sai it didnt mean that you had gained full marks for your performance....but usually if it is good enoughfor a nomination u get full marks or close to full marks....and thats not to mean u cnat get full marks and not get a nomination, so dont stress over the marks but right now i reckon...

niteshade1312

HSC
smithica said:
wait, u don't have to get 30/30 for anything to be nominated for onstage, even in the designs stuff and what not, a student at my school got nominated for the 04 onstage and only got 29 (a crit analysis) for his ip, i mean 29 is pretty much 30 but we can't rule out those who arn't 100% ppl because there ideas could be what sells it, not how they stuck entirely to the syllabus
I was going to say. My teachers have told me that although most that get nominated are probabaly 30/30, doesn't mean they alwasy are. For DesignTech, not all at 30/30 (especially if you've been to the exhibition), in that case, it's a range of outstanding projects.

On the flip side, you may also get 30/30 for your ip and not be nominated, so I guess we all have to wait and see what happens!

Has anyoen heard anything about handin ips?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)