• USYD IS BEST?

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • UMAC IS BEST?

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jin-17

Hello all

I am sure that most people have gone to the oepn days fo the uni on the 3rd this week, and I was wondering which uni people found the best in regards to service, help and gernal overall format of the day. Personally I found the mac and syd to be really bad in that unlike UTS they firslty didnt arrange it so that they were able to get to everyone when they asked about each different courses unlike UTS where the lines were cut short due to having a large number of stuff available and also FREE FOOD IN UTS:D . Personally I found syd the worse and I suppose those people rely more on their reputataion than anything. Whats peoples views.

mannnnndy

chocoholic
I thought unsw was the best, but thats probably cause most of my preferances are there so I checked it out in more detail than sydney. I found that unsw had good ppl to talk to about courses and everything, I didnt really get to talk to ppl at sydney so I cant really comment on them. nsw was good because everything was pretty close together while sydney was all spread out everywhere so I had to do more trekking than I wanted to (Im so lazy :rolleyes: ) unsw had cool freebies too:D so as you can guess, my vote goes to unsw.

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
i only went to two, Sydney and UTS and i can say that the sydney one was alot better!!! Info was more exetnsive, friendlier ppl and the whole vibe of the uni was really motivating...to me uts seemed a little darka and dreary but the information on courses was throrough!!!

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
i went to macq and i bumped into some friends who had just come from usyd ... they said macq was practically empty ... but still, too many people can be scary ...

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
i went to macq and i bumped into some friends who had just come from usyd ... they said macq was practically empty ... but still, too many people can be scary ...

hmmm, says something about macquarie lol. Lots of ppl were at Syd and NSW (went to both)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ultimate

hmmm, says something about macquarie lol. Lots of ppl were at Syd and NSW (went to both)
heaps of people i know went to all three in the city - usyd, unsw and uts ... it just wasnt logical to travel to macq ... its so secluded compared to the city-unis ...

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC

heaps of people i know went to all three in the city - usyd, unsw and uts ... it just wasnt logical to travel to macq ... its so secluded compared to the city-unis ...
Macquarie is situated near Ryde isn';t it? Yeah it's far out from UTS, Usyd, and UNSW.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A

Macquarie is situated near Ryde isn';t it? Yeah it's far out from UTS, Usyd, and UNSW.
yeah, it is ... and i think the problem is no-one wants to go there because no-one else is going ... unlike unsw when its like an asian magnet ...

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC

yeah, it is ... and i think the problem is no-one wants to go there because no-one else is going ... unlike unsw when its like an asian magnet ...
yeah it is quite isolated compared to other unis in sydney. I know that heaps of ppl who do the commerce/science program at Usyd are asians.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
actually most asians end up doing commerce ... i reckon by the time the class of 2002 get out of uni ... just about everyone will have a commerce degree (which makes its unimpressive to the prospective employer) ...

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
actually most asians end up doing commerce ... i reckon by the time the class of 2002 get out of uni ... just about everyone will have a commerce degree (which makes its unimpressive to the prospective employer) ...
It depends what you major in under commerce though. I mean there are like 8 different majors. And how you go in your course ultimately differentiates you from other commerce students.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A

It depends what you major in under commerce though. I mean there are like 8 different majors. And how you go in your course ultimately differentiates you from other commerce students.
but most employers arent all that fussed about what major you did ... for many just seeing a commerce degree (as well as the academic achievements in the associated units) is about all they look for in the academic side of your uni life and resume ...

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC

but most employers arent all that fussed about what major you did ... for many just seeing a commerce degree (as well as the academic achievements in the associated units) is about all they look for in the academic side of your uni life and resume ...
Yeah I agree, as long as you do welll in your course units, that along with you resume is enough to impress an employer.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A

Yeah I agree, as long as you do welll in your course units, that along with you resume is enough to impress an employer.
but thats all so far away ... the idle time between now and uni is so long, yet so short ... before the final leg of schooling begins ... (unless your aiming to do post grad) ...

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC

but thats all so far away ... the idle time between now and uni is so long, yet so short ... before the final leg of schooling begins ... (unless your aiming to do post grad) ...
I'll prob do post-grad overseas, but for me it's a long wait but I'm looking forward to uni, deefinitely can't slack off.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A

I'll prob do post-grad overseas, but for me it's a long wait but I'm looking forward to uni, deefinitely can't slack off.
but we're not slacking off are we ...

btw congratz ... your a hsc guru ... until you change your status ...

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC

but we're not slacking off are we ...

btw congratz ... your a hsc guru ... until you change your status ...
defintely not slacking off. Thanks, I finally made it to customary status, I might change my status soon when I get round to it :)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A

defintely not slacking off. Thanks, I finally made it to customary status, I might change my status soon when I get round to it :)
ah ... the joys of custom status ... unlike those poor people who have to stick with 'member' status ...:)

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC

ah ... the joys of custom status ... unlike those poor people who have to stick with 'member' status ...:)
]]

Yeah I reckon.......:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)