opinion on journeys question???? (1 Viewer)

bezzz

HSC
wat do u think 2mrws journey and creative writing questions be??????????????

wuld it be strayt forward or complex, because this is the last year on the journeys topic so do u think they would rip it with the hardest question to top it all off or be kind ............

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
I have a feeling it'll be pretty straight foreward to maximise results and finish this AOS with a bang so the BOS don't feel like the cunt rags they are.

danz90

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
I have a feeling it'll be pretty straight foreward to maximise results and finish this AOS with a bang so the BOS don't feel like the cunt rags they are.
lol i hope ur right

Cerry

HSC
They've apparently got a lot of english teachers up in arms about the proposed changes to the syllabus (which involve ditching the creative completely, and cutting the time for the ext 1 exams), so my teacher thinks they're probably not going to do anything to twisted and mean this year, because they've got a lot of shitty teachers already, and the last thing they need is more.
That being said, they might give us impossible questions as a big fuck you to the teachers...

runnable

HSC
Or: this is the last one, might as well make it "interesting"

Sumimasenn

HSC
I say its gona be the hardest this year, since its the last year of the AoS.
It's also getting harder and harder each year, me thinks.

Prepare for the pain

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
runnable said:
Or: this is the last one, might as well make it "interesting"
Doubt it. It seems from past papers theres a move away from 'tricking' students. Straightforeward is more likely to accessible to all students and makes our state look smart.
Also, true @ grumpy teachers comment.

The trickiest thing they'll do is change the format/"text type" of one of the questions. I dont predict a left fielder this year.

Last edited:

Sumimasenn

HSC
For the creative, do u guys think they'll give us a few quotes from Sec 1, like last year's?

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Sumimasenn said:
For the creative, do u guys think they'll give us a few quotes from Sec 1, like last year's?
I prefer a direction rather than a quote.
I'm less likely to feel unhappy with what I've written if I've been given explicit direction.

danz90

HSC
If they give us starting quote.. it would be much easier to mould your story around a starting quote, rather than them give u a central idea to ur story.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
danz90 said:
If they give us starting quote.. it would be much easier to mould your story around a starting quote, rather than them give u a central idea to ur story.
You would think that.
Not for me.
My story is pretty skeletal in terms of central ideas. I have key journey aspects that I can either remove or hone in on, good characters, good plot. I just need direction so I dont feel like I'm waffling.

lucidassembly

HSC
danz90 said:
If they give you an idea, you can always take a metaphorical approach though :) With a quote, I've always found it harder to make it fit.

Zephyrio

HSC
The journeys question will test both standard and Advanced kids, so it will be accessible to both. As for the journeys creative, who knows. If they ask us to write a radio interview or something, LOL@me.

Sumimasenn

HSC
Zephyrio said:
The journeys question will test both standard and Advanced kids, so it will be accessible to both. As for the journeys creative, who knows. If they ask us to write a radio interview or something, LOL@me.

fuck that

henry08

HSC
N/A
I always have problems intergrating a given quote into my storey, especially when they ask you for that to be a central idea etc.

I dislike speeches, feature articles, debates, radio interviews, magazine articles for young people, etc and all the other things we could be asked to write for Paper 1 or paper 2.

Lol at whoever said the BOS woudl make the exam hard as a 'goodbye, fuck you' message.

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
Rofl, radio interview? I'd probably pull a gun out of my arse and shoot myself =D

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
hell for creative i would be so happy if they changed the text type mainly because everyone probably fail so make it even playing field on everything else lol

henry08

HSC
N/A
I don't think the cretaive writing would be a radio interview. However for Section 3 of Paper 1, and Section 1, 2 and 3 of the Modules paper, you can gurantee at least one of them won't simply be a straightforward essay. Instead one will be a speech, radio interview, debate, feature article, review, etc.

lucidassembly

HSC
Yeah, our teacher was telling us that they'll probably change the text type of one of the module essays from paper 2. AOS tends to be pretty straightforward though... I don't think they'll go out of their way to surprise us.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Or even a letter for all we know.

But I doubt it....if it was in Paper 2, it'd most likely be a speech or an interview.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)