Options to get into to uni (1 Viewer)

rantman

HSC
N/A
If I fail to achieve the cutoff mark by only a few marks for my prefered course, what are my alternate pathways of getting into that course, besides doing the following (keeping in mind that I can't get EAS):
- doing 1 year of TAFE
- repeating HSC
- tranfer after 1st year

e.g. if I need 92%UAI to get into B Economics and I get 90%UAI, what can I do, if anything at all?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Best option: aim higher and dont get a 90uai.
Transfering can be risky and expensive, however if you can stick through it and pick a course with similar subjects, then it can pay off (i.e. bach of arts and sciences, as you can potentially do all 48 first year c.p. with business subjects) but you would need about a high credit avg to transfer into that course.

Next, this is taking a gamble, but it is predicted that uai's will drop even further! for eco, com, business related subjects. The reason? A hecs-style option in private colleges.
BACHELOR OF ECONOMICS 90.15
for this year, so you wouldnt be missing out by much. Aim towards 91, as thats often best, but know that you have some lee-way.

Oh, and dont repeat the hsc. That's just stupid. Accept it and further your life.

I really dont know the tafe option personally/

uwsstudent

HSC
transfer is safe enough for u

yes we hope u can achieve ur good UAI, also if u can't reach it, do a course smiliar to ur wanted course, then do it well, then transfer after term one, it's not hard at all to transfer within ur own uni, u only need to score 65 mark above for all of ur four units, then u will be able to get into ur course

hello99999

HSC
This is something you should worry about AFTER you get your UAI. instead of procrastinating and making pointless threads, why dont you get off your butt and do some study and you wont need to worry about transferring etc etc at all.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
uwsstudent said:
yes we hope u can achieve ur good UAI, also if u can't reach it, do a course smiliar to ur wanted course, then do it well, then transfer after term one, it's not hard at all to transfer within ur own uni, u only need to score 65 mark above for all of ur four units, then u will be able to get into ur course
I'm pretty sure he meant usyd/unsw not uws :p
And no at those unis you cant transfer after term 1. Not even after semester 1. You must finish off a year. And also a 65 mark will not suffice to 'any' course.
I was informed that if I didnt get into my course in the second round (I stuffed up main round prefs) then I could apply for a xfer from the course im doing after the first year. I would need a high credit avg (since i have the uai) or if i didnt have the uai a low destinction avg for bach of eco and soc.sci.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)