Options (1 Viewer)

JessC

HSC
N/A
Hey just wondering wat options everyone is doin out ther?

my skool is doin sports medicine and equity and health and also did you get to choose yours? coz our teacher chose ours n equity and health is a crap topic-just really boring

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
yeah the majority of schools do sprts medicine and improving performance

Lizetti

hey PPL,
Im doing Sport and Physical activity in Australian Society and The health of Young ppl as my 2nd option. We got to choose our's, so that was cool. My frnd was doing Equity and Health and then she changed it cuz it was boring. Only two ppl in my class are doing Sports Medicine. :)

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
you can choose? at my school, the teacher chose, so everybody had to do it

Miffy

Originally posted by Lizetti
hey PPL,
Im doing Sport and Physical activity in Australian Society and The health of Young ppl as my 2nd option. We got to choose our's, so that was cool. My frnd was doing Equity and Health and then she changed it cuz it was boring. Only two ppl in my class are doing Sports Medicine. :)
Really? I've never heard of people choosing their own and everyone doing different options. How does it go considering the teacher has to teach all of them and the topic you don't do isn't relevant to you?

barbie_doll

HSC
at my school, the teacher chose our option topics and she didn't care if we wanted to do them or not...

we're going sports medicine and improving performance [like most people i've spoken to]

good luck everyone...

Lizetti

hey PPL! :)
Yeah, we get to choose it was up to us if we wonted to do it as a class or do it on our own, but everyone wnted to do different options. Yeh our teacher is olrite with it. He dosent mind, he told us to do the one we wnt to do not what everyone else wnted to do. So everyone chosed the option they liked i guess. Yeh! :)

TheKing

Uh, not wanting to scare you or anything but mostteachers have a preference because they have taught it before and believe that it is their stronger area as well as the option being easier( in their eyes). and free choice for everyone in the class isn't really that great seeing as it means that the teacher devotes less time to your topic.

By the way i think that all the social parts of PE are boring as shit

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Yeah we started in term 4 2003 with sports medicine. Were starting improving performance soon. Improving performance is a good one because it ties in with core 2 quiet nicely.

Lizetti

Yeah I know what u mean ur not wrong, our teacher told us about the options b4 we picked which one we wonted to do and which one we should do and how its going to be marked and stuff, but like everyone wnted to do different topics. At the moment theres three groups and our teacher spend like half an hour on each group, but most of the groups knw what they are doing like my group where doing "Sport and physical activity in Australia Society" and thats like really easy to understand and stuff so we knw what where doing so we dnt realli need help like the other group who decided to do "Equity and Health" and its only one pdhpe class and we like have only 12 ppl in the class. So its a small class. :)

TheKing

yea as long as you enjoy it....
and my teacher reckons sports med isn't really a good topic to do cause like 75% of people do it and you compared with too many others

TheKing

Thats practically what i said, just in a more encouraging tone....

TheKing

well i think "my teacher" is actually giving a presentation out at sydney uni druing the holidays, for this HSC PDHPE or one of the topics....
i dunno, i guess that his opinions have become part of my "social construct" and i'm speak, or type rather, what he says...

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
ahh yeah those pdhpe enrichment programs are pretty good, its good for revision.

JessC

HSC
N/A
my teachers doin a thing at syd uni aswel for pdhpe...ther r other places tat do it aswel and its good 2 get notes from other ppl

TheKing

waste of holidays, very boring and you'll get a pile of notes and probably very little explaination...(i suspect) i mean its a week or 2 b4 trials, do you really have time to look over 50pages on one topic?

lozlem

im doing sports med and and improving performance anyone got info on sports med?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)