= ) Organisation tipies! (1 Viewer)

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Lmao from my experience, Timetables never worked for me. However, a general rule is, the moment u receive homework/exam dates/assessments, be sure to plan ahead, and start early. Most Importantly PRIORITISE!

Never ever say that you'll do it later, start it the moment u get home, and lol do a mental timetable :p That's what I did, and it worked pretty good! :rolleyes: But of course balance ur social life/free time with school work.

But one rule that I believe which applies to most students is, ALWAYS start essays EARLY! I cannot stress that point, it is the worst thing to do the night before u hand it in for an assessment. Basically, anything that involves english, do it first! Unless u have something b4 it.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Rekkusu said:
Lmao from my experience, Timetables never worked for me. However, a general rule is, the moment u receive homework/exam dates/assessments, be sure to plan ahead, and start early. Most Importantly PRIORITISE!

Never ever say that you'll do it later, start it the moment u get home, and lol do a mental timetable :p That's what I did, and it worked pretty good! :rolleyes: But of course balance ur social life/free time with school work.

But one rule that I believe which applies to most students is, ALWAYS start essays EARLY! I cannot stress that point, it is the worst thing to do the night before u hand it in for an assessment. Basically, anything that involves english, do it first! Unless u have something b4 it.
english has always been my first priority lol. i reckon if you have good english skills such as in essay writing, it would help you greatly with other subjects such as modern history and legal studies.

luv_munday

HSC
these are all great tips!

wow, these tip would really help me.. thankxs...

Pubert

HSC
I am going into yr11 the following year and i was wondering if someone who has had past experience with the folder organising stuff can tell if it is likely that mine will be efficient.

I am going to have a coloured binder folder for each subject that i keep at home with plastic coloured dividers and will have the topics in each one covering each part of the syllabus.

I will have an A4 binder book for each subject where i do questions only and it doesent neccesarily have to be the neatest thing. i will take a loose leef book thingy to school and write down notes then when i come home i will take out each sheet and organise them into the appropriate folder. These notes include handouts, summaries, copied notes from overheads and if there is a class disscussion with important info i will put them in too.

i just need someones opinion on my organisation technique to tell me if anything should be changed and whether they have tried anything like this before.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Pubert, you’re going to have to find your own still for organising your notes. The organisation techniques you are talking about can take a lot of time and effort and although your dedication to organising notes is admirable I do suggest you wait until year 11 starts until you decide your own style.

What you are suggesting would be best to use in the HSC year when having organisation for later study is important, although I don’t know you or how you learn so whatever works best. It is a great system that you will have going and if that works for you then well done!

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
Pubert said:
I am going into yr11 the following year and i was wondering if someone who has had past experience with the folder organising stuff can tell if it is likely that mine will be efficient.

I am going to have a coloured binder folder for each subject that i keep at home with plastic coloured dividers and will have the topics in each one covering each part of the syllabus.

I will have an A4 binder book for each subject where i do questions only and it doesent neccesarily have to be the neatest thing. i will take a loose leef book thingy to school and write down notes then when i come home i will take out each sheet and organise them into the appropriate folder. These notes include handouts, summaries, copied notes from overheads and if there is a class disscussion with important info i will put them in too.

i just need someones opinion on my organisation technique to tell me if anything should be changed and whether they have tried anything like this before.
Don't forget that the notes and handouts you receive in class will be used in future lessons, so you can't organise them into separate folders every afternoon.

I suggest that in addition to the folders you have for each subject at home you have a separate lever arch folder with dividers for each subject you do, that you take to school every day. You can take notes on loose leaf paper and put handouts into plastic sleeves/hole punch them. Then at the end of a topic, or every couple of weeks, you can put your older stuff into the folders at home.

googled

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
do schools usually give a copy of the syllabus at the start of year 11, or do you have to buy one?

googled

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
ah, should have thought of that LOL

Thanks

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
googled said:
do schools usually give a copy of the syllabus at the start of year 11, or do you have to buy one?
They don’t normally hand out the entire course syllabus but most subjects will handed out a one page sheet on the syllabus and what will be required I think that is like the syllabus in brief. You are advised if you want the syllabus to download it from the provided link.

ichiraku

HSC
Use Year 11 to find out what works best for you. I mean, at the start of the year I was still using lecture books but about 3 weeks into the school year, I jumped onto the bandwagon and shifted to a folder with loose leafs. It definetely works a lot better for me, and my bag is a hell of a lot lighter. Same thing with timetables. I much prefer to use a list of some sort with all the work that needs to be done instead of a timetable. So use the three terms you have to find out what will help you the most.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)