Orientation/Academic Credit session/enrolment (1 Viewer)

dave_119

Banned
HSC
ive been reading the UWS website paperwork for orientaion, academic credit session and enrolment, and i got lost on the 1st sentence, i kno i have 2 be at UWS werrington thurs 27th 2pm, for academic session, i have no idea what its about, no idea when 2 enrol and when is orientation???

please help

forget

HSC
how did you know to be at Werrington on the 27th?

klh

HSC
dude, they will enrol you into your subjects automatically, you just need to fill out your HECS and stuff so dont worry bout that. Orientation is for a long time and which you will be notified on the day or later. orientation starts in hte first week anyway.

academic sessions timetable here:
check what day you need to be there by clicking what area your degree is in and scroll down on the new page to see your course and its day:
http://www.uws.edu.au/about/adminor...teadmissions/newstudentinfo/ugacadadvise/main

seriously guys, didnt you get redirected to the new student web page??? read it!
here is the new student web page: http://www.uws.edu.au/about/adminor...ssions/undergraduateadmissions/newstudentinfo

mibiony

"fully sick"
HSC
Yeaa... its all confusing hey... my brother told me that the enrolment day is dif. den the academic session day, but maybe they changed it and now we myt have to do it on the same day...?? cuz i got a letter giving some info on the sessions etc, but told me to bring some documentation like proof of age etc.. so now im competely lost. i gota be at werrington on 27th, 2pm aswell, but i duno where to go :S they dunt tell u n e thing!!!

I think orientation day is later in feb.... ??

dave_119

Banned
HSC
klh said:
dude, they will enrol you into your subjects automatically, you just need to fill out your HECS and stuff so dont worry bout that. Orientation is for a long time and which you will be notified on the day or later. orientation starts in hte first week anyway.

academic sessions timetable here:
check what day you need to be there by clicking what area your degree is in and scroll down on the new page to see your course and its day:
http://www.uws.edu.au/about/adminor...teadmissions/newstudentinfo/ugacadadvise/main

seriously guys, didnt you get redirected to the new student web page??? read it!
here is the new student web page: http://www.uws.edu.au/about/adminor...ssions/undergraduateadmissions/newstudentinfo
dude ive read it, it just doesn't seem to make alot of sense to me.... so this academic session, as u say is when we fil out informationa bouthecs and other stuff, im just curious, cause i dnt wanna be the only dick who shows up and fucks it all up

mibiony

"fully sick"
HSC
lol dunt worry.. i fink we're all in the same boat as u dave hahaha.. its not like some people get sent more information 2 their house so that they know wot their doin.. juz go with the flow and follow wot eveyrone else is doing.. at leats dats wot im gona do hahahaha

klh

HSC
dun worry mate...i can sympathise. i was like you to but i read it on the net and i asked the uni through the phone and it confirms it so i did what they told me.

As far as i know, enrolments starts from the 24 of Jan, this monday till like february.
Disregard this info as oyu are new students and need others to tell you info so go to your session and they will tell you all you need to know.

Last year, i went to Werrington as well to enrol, back then it wasnt called a session, and you go into the building and go to a desk where all the people are sitting and they ask you for your offer letter and give you some forms you'll fill out. those forms say what units you are to enrol in and your course and you need to sign them etc.
You will then go in the lecture theatre when the lecturers are ready and all of you go in and listen to what they say about the course [welcome etc] and give you a pack with more forms on Hecs and stuff. then they tell you what and how to fill all of those in using a powerpoint show..very professional looking too! and then its off to another place when you finish filling stuff out and getting your id card and photo taken and last minute checks of your form and handing them in.

Also, buy the handbook if you want to check if your correctly enrolled, but you can access it on the website so..unofficial advice from me is to not spend that 8 bucks. just print out your course form the website and bring it in with you.

sorry for the long post, but hope it helps.

EDIT: of course the process might change a bit but thats the general idea.

EDIT2: even if you are the onyl person there, staff are still there for you to ask stuff. Better early than late.

forget

HSC
so the Academic Advising Session is at the campus its being studied at? All I see (for Construction) is "Academic Advising Session: Monday, 31 January 2005 at 10am."

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
klh said:
dun worry mate...i can sympathise. i was like you to but i read it on the net and i asked the uni through the phone and it confirms it so i did what they told me.

As far as i know, enrolments starts from the 24 of Jan, this monday till like february.
Disregard this info as oyu are new students and need others to tell you info so go to your session and they will tell you all you need to know.

Last year, i went to Werrington as well to enrol, back then it wasnt called a session, and you go into the building and go to a desk where all the people are sitting and they ask you for your offer letter and give you some forms you'll fill out. those forms say what units you are to enrol in and your course and you need to sign them etc.
You will then go in the lecture theatre when the lecturers are ready and all of you go in and listen to what they say about the course [welcome etc] and give you a pack with more forms on Hecs and stuff. then they tell you what and how to fill all of those in using a powerpoint show..very professional looking too! and then its off to another place when you finish filling stuff out and getting your id card and photo taken and last minute checks of your form and handing them in.

Also, buy the handbook if you want to check if your correctly enrolled, but you can access it on the website so..unofficial advice from me is to not spend that 8 bucks. just print out your course form the website and bring it in with you.

sorry for the long post, but hope it helps.

EDIT: of course the process might change a bit but thats the general idea.

EDIT2: even if you are the onyl person there, staff are still there for you to ask stuff. Better early than late.

got a direct link for the site to get the handbook stuff coz im comfused

ta

klh

HSC
no all academic sessions are at Werrington because thats where all the forms go to to be processed. when you send the offer slip to the uws address, it says penrith south DC etc...thats where it goes to. So uws wants you to give forms straight to the source to cut down costs of transporting and also to reduce lost forms etc.
You will still go to your own campus to do your course.

Link for the handbook is:
http://www.uws.edu.au/studyoptions/australian/undergraduate/courselist and scroll down to select your course and print it out.

IP freely, since in your sig its policing, here is the direct link to policing:
http://handbook.uws.edu.au/hbook/course.asp?course=4555.1

klh

HSC
this is whats in your enrolment package. I know the link is for student who cant come ut its essentially what youll get there.
http://www.uws.edu.au/about/adminor...ndergraduateadmissions/newstudentinfo/country

Your Enrolment Package

This package contains all the forms and information you will need to be enrolled at UWS.

Your package should contain the following:

* An Enrolment form (White and Green copy)
* A Student Declaration form
* A Compulsory Student Data and Consent form
* Request for Commonwealth Support
* Commonwealth Support Booklet 2005
* Academic Credit form
* Enrolment Amendment form
* UWS Calendar (University Rules and Regulations)

If you have not received all of the above mentioned forms, you will need to contact 02 9852 5155 to have the additional information posted to you. You can also access the Change of Name form and Academic Credit Application form from the UWS Forms page.

Forms to Complete

To be enrolled as a student at UWS you must ensure that the following Compulsory Forms are correctly completed and returned to the address below no later than Friday 18 February or your offer will lapse.

* Enrolment Form - White Copy ONLY. (The green copy is your copy and should be retained for future reference)
This form lists your personal details, the course, and all units in which you have been pre-enrolled for 2005. Please check this form carefully. Sign and date the form and return with other COMPULSORY forms.

If your personal details are incorrect or incomplete, you will need to complete the enclosed Enrolment Amendment Form and return it with your other forms. If your name details are incorrect, you will need to complete the Change of Name form also available at any Student Centre.

If you need to add or change your enrolled program, refer to the UWS Handbook for your course structure and unit information. Complete the enclosed Enrolment Amendment and return with your other forms.

It is your responsibility to ensure that you are correctly enrolled and that UWS has your correct contact details at all times.

* Student Declaration
Complete all fields and return with other COMPULSORY forms.

* Request for Commonwealth Assistance

Note: If you wish to defer your Student Contribution or Tuition Fee Liability, you MUST provide your Tax File Number.

* Compulsory Student Data and Consent

Optional Forms

The Enrolment Amendment form is optional and is only required to be completed if you need to amend your enrolment form. The Academic Credit Application form should only be completed if you wish to apply for credit for prior learning completed at other tertiary institutions. All other information is provided for your reference and does not need to be returned.

Student ID Card

Your Student ID card can be issued at any UWS Student Centre once your enrolment has been completed. This will provide you with Library borrowing privileges and IT Centre access, and should be carried at all times on Campus.

dave_119

Banned
HSC
klh said:
this is whats in your enrolment package. I know the link is for student who cant come ut its essentially what youll get there.
http://www.uws.edu.au/about/adminor...ndergraduateadmissions/newstudentinfo/country

Your Enrolment Package

This package contains all the forms and information you will need to be enrolled at UWS.

Your package should contain the following:

* An Enrolment form (White and Green copy)
* A Student Declaration form
* A Compulsory Student Data and Consent form
* Request for Commonwealth Support
* Commonwealth Support Booklet 2005
* Academic Credit form
* Enrolment Amendment form
* UWS Calendar (University Rules and Regulations)

If you have not received all of the above mentioned forms, you will need to contact 02 9852 5155 to have the additional information posted to you. You can also access the Change of Name form and Academic Credit Application form from the UWS Forms page.

Forms to Complete

To be enrolled as a student at UWS you must ensure that the following Compulsory Forms are correctly completed and returned to the address below no later than Friday 18 February or your offer will lapse.

* Enrolment Form - White Copy ONLY. (The green copy is your copy and should be retained for future reference)
This form lists your personal details, the course, and all units in which you have been pre-enrolled for 2005. Please check this form carefully. Sign and date the form and return with other COMPULSORY forms.

If your personal details are incorrect or incomplete, you will need to complete the enclosed Enrolment Amendment Form and return it with your other forms. If your name details are incorrect, you will need to complete the Change of Name form also available at any Student Centre.

If you need to add or change your enrolled program, refer to the UWS Handbook for your course structure and unit information. Complete the enclosed Enrolment Amendment and return with your other forms.

It is your responsibility to ensure that you are correctly enrolled and that UWS has your correct contact details at all times.

* Student Declaration

* Request for Commonwealth Assistance

Note: If you wish to defer your Student Contribution or Tuition Fee Liability, you MUST provide your Tax File Number.

* Compulsory Student Data and Consent

Optional Forms

The Enrolment Amendment form is optional and is only required to be completed if you need to amend your enrolment form. The Academic Credit Application form should only be completed if you wish to apply for credit for prior learning completed at other tertiary institutions. All other information is provided for your reference and does not need to be returned.

Student ID Card

Your Student ID card can be issued at any UWS Student Centre once your enrolment has been completed. This will provide you with Library borrowing privileges and IT Centre access, and should be carried at all times on Campus.
do we receive all this paperwork when we accept our offer??

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
dave_119 said:
do we receive all this paperwork when we accept our offer??
All the paper work you receive at enrollment. You sit in a lecture threatre and the lectures blab on about stuff about the course which you are doing and at the same time they go through step by step on how to fill in the forms and that.

Btw, take a black pen, uws for some reason always gets shitty if you write in blue pen :confused:

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
dont them credit thingys apply to students from tafe to uni, where they have credit points to get exempt from some units or something?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
academic credit is when you have done subjects which are similar to the subjects which you are going to do at uni at tafe. You become excempted from the subjects at uni and automatically gain a credit towards these subjects.

As most of you should be school leavers, it won't really effect you.

B

Bears_den

do u think i should go to orientation on monday if im not a 100% sure if i will do this course as i am hoping i get a late round offer. when will orientaion etc be if u get a late round offer and or if u dont go to orientation on monday as u are waiting for a hopeful late round offer.

dre

HSC
Bears_den said:
do u think i should go to orientation on monday if im not a 100% sure if i will do this course as i am hoping i get a late round offer. when will orientaion etc be if u get a late round offer and or if u dont go to orientation on monday as u are waiting for a hopeful late round offer.
Its not orientation day cause that is in late feburary... its actually the intro to the course and the actual enrollment, filling out all the forms, and taking the ID foto

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)