Orientation/Academic Credit session/enrolment (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Its no problem :)

The ID cards are actually decent to compared other unis, aparaently usyd you have to provide your own photo and all they did is put it on a piece of cardboard and laminate it. But uws ones are so nice ... well for an id card anyway :)

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
LMAO @ cardboard and lamimated
wow.. even my highschool's id card beats that. ok wow! im looking forward to the advise day now just cos i get the id card ^^

kag86

HSC
N/A
This sux big time!!! I still have to wait til next week to find out if i get a place at UWS... I've got a place at UOW but i don't want that one lol.... I feel like i'm missing out though... like these advice days and everything. I just wish the next offers came out sooner. I don't have any info on UWS so I have no idea what's going on lol. I clear the UAI for the course that i want to get into and there are vacancies so hopefully I'll get in! When is the main enrollment day?? And also info days for social science??? Someone said there was one yesterday, is that the only one??? Hope not!!! Aargh, head spinning!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
If your applying for the later rounds, there will still be advising days, don't worry. Here are the dates:

Late Round Enrolments (unable to attend main round or late offers)
Academic Advising and Enrolment will be on 21-22 February 2005.

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
Hello again!
I just need to know do we choice our electives and stuff like that on enrolment?(academic advise session day) I get the impression that you might need some time to think about what you want to take.
Im doing B Arts and want to do psychology as the key program, and i was looking at the course outline on the site and it seems REALLY complicated...so do we have to decide exactly what courses we want to take on the advise day? cos right now i still have no idea what i want to do

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
funky_a - you will probably have to choose your electives on enrolment day. Even though i didn't have to choose electives, the arts program had to choose electives.

I found the program for the arts course and i'll explain it to you the best i can.

Semester one:

You have to do a core subject Psychology 1A. As well you do 2 electives from the arts program, which i think are subjects which are associated with the arts degree and also you choose one free elective from anything taught at uws.

Semester two:

Is the same except your core subject is psychology 1B.

Thats the best way I can explain it. Hope it helped :)

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
Again , thank u Cape!
Its still kind of confusing..but definately making heaps more sense. i guess ill just have to bug the uni ppl on enrolment.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Definately go and bug the people at enrolment. Thats what they are there for. :)

KOfGHS

HSC
N/A
I enrolled for Sports studies on monday
My Acedemic advising session took precisely 3 minutes.
Enrollment (actually filling out forms, waiting in line) took about 1 1/2 hours
The photo thing was broken so i couldnt get my id
But i did get free minites
and all the info u get in ur enrollment and orientation packs is fairly helpful

candi_pants

funky_a said:
Hello again!
I just need to know do we choice our electives and stuff like that on enrolment?(academic advise session day) I get the impression that you might need some time to think about what you want to take.
Im doing B Arts and want to do psychology as the key program, and i was looking at the course outline on the site and it seems REALLY complicated...so do we have to decide exactly what courses we want to take on the advise day? cos right now i still have no idea what i want to do
arghh funky_a!!! i'm in the same prob as you, im doin the arts (penrith) and im sooo stuck, i know i want/need to do psych 1A for first semester...but the rest of the electives/crap arghhh confusion!!! this is tooo hard for my post hsc moosh of a brain!!!
ahh well its good to know that i'm not the only one thats all confused, and buggin the ppl at enrolment day!!!!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
When are your enrolments? Cause if you like i can ask a friend who does B of arts what all the elective stuff means, it might make it easier for you.

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
candi_pants said:
arghh funky_a!!! i'm in the same prob as you, im doin the arts (penrith) and im sooo stuck, i know i want/need to do psych 1A for first semester...but the rest of the electives/crap arghhh confusion!!! this is tooo hard for my post hsc moosh of a brain!!!
ahh well its good to know that i'm not the only one thats all confused, and buggin the ppl at enrolment day!!!!
FINALLY, SOMEONE WHOS DOING THE SAME COURSE! woooo!

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
Cape said:
When are your enrolments? Cause if you like i can ask a friend who does B of arts what all the elective stuff means, it might make it easier for you.
Our advise day is on the 3rd (next thurday) but im sure we'll be able to figure the courses out somehow. I have faith!!

bobbyorange

HSC
N/A
Hi, I've also got a question.

To accept an offer do I just simply click "accept offer" (or something or another) on the UAC site? That's what I did and I'm not sure if that's all I have to do to accept an offer - my friends who've got offers at other universities had to do many more things to accept their offers, so did I do the right thing? The UAC site says that they've "recorded my acceptance" (or something along those lines).

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
bobbyorange said:
Hi, I've also got a question.

To accept an offer do I just simply click "accept offer" (or something or another) on the UAC site? That's what I did and I'm not sure if that's all I have to do to accept an offer - my friends who've got offers at other universities had to do many more things to accept their offers, so did I do the right thing? The UAC site says that they've "recorded my acceptance" (or something along those lines).
For applying for uws all you do is click the accept button and your done. Its a no fuss uni.

kag86

HSC
N/A
Do you know if i would have to choose any electives for Social Science? LIke for the first semester?? Do I tell them on the AAS day that i want to do Psychology? Cos I think we get to choose from Criminology, Psychology and Sociology... or something like that. By the way thanks for all your help :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)