Orientation Week 2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Re: 0rientation Week

frootloop said:
I met someone who reckoned that it cost hundreds to join a club/society. Good thing she was wrong, eh?
and you believed them :p

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
Re: 90s dance night O-week who's going?

grk_styl said:
melimoo, the usu website says u cant buy tix in advance, u have to get them at the door.
thanks dear
but are the events 18+?
i would think not????

jen_man

I am, therefore i think.
HSC

untying_average said:
Q-tea
Anyone going to this o-week event?
Anyone been previously?
Any comments on it?
of course! ill be there with bells on. challenge ya to some hardcore twister :p i went last year. you meet some cool kids and it's friendly and not intimidating. and theres fooood! and twister! :D
Damage can go fuck himself and quit spurting homophobic right wing crap.

frootloop

HSC

stazi said:
and you believed them :p
I had only just met the person... she had clearly been misinformed. That's all. Besides I didn't really have a clue so... argh!

Leave me alone. :)

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC

melimoo said:
but are the events 18+?
i would think not????
Events in Manning Bar (Thurs & Fri nights) are 18+.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC

halio said:
Considering i payed $604 and amid the claims that the the union supported clubs + socs i assumed that no membership fees were necessary :( .
ha. yes. Welcome to the usu world of paying ridiculous amount of fees and not getting anything out of it (apart from maybe a 50c cheaper coffee). But hey, that's a completely different argument altogether. I think the gym is a bit of a rip-off, but hey, if you're going to be checking out other hot muscley people, then go for it :p

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC

50c cheaper coffee, which is 2/3rds more disgusting than a non-Union coffee.

sydneyphoenix

HSC
N/A

Is it normal to go to all three days, or do people usually go to only one or two days at their leisure?
I know this thing is not compulsory, but want to missout on too much thing by going only one day. And I would like to convince a couple of my friends to come along.

tennille

HSC

I only went for the first 2 days. You wont miss out on much if you don't go all three days.

HSC

Does anyone know whether non-Usyd students are able to go to the night events? On the website it says the event is free but will be ticketed, does that mean you'll be able to get in even if you haven't got a Usyd student card and aren't going there? I mainly wanted to know for the Wednesday night entertainment and also the Starky show on Thursday afternoon

Last edited:
HSC

I know I have to pay for Friday night, but on the website it specifically mentions that non-students have to pay for friday night, it lists the prices for other students and other people, but on the wednesday and thursday programs it doesn't mention any payments for anyone

tennille

HSC

Trippendicular said:
I know I have to pay for Friday night, but on the website it specifically mentions that non-students have to pay for friday night, it lists the prices for other students and other people, but on the wednesday and thursday programs it doesn't mention any payments for anyone
Because the Thursday Starky show is on the front lawns, I don't think you have to pay at all. Most of the Wednesday and Thursday events are outside, so I doubt they'll cost anything,

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC

I take it there's no BOS meetup?

If you guys want to drop in to a few stalls I'm helping to run, feel free:

Women in Engineering
Inner Child Society

[Yes you retards, I'm a guy]

HSC
N/A

Friday night will b fucking awesome. I'm friends with Tomek's brother (drums in Van She) :)

Shaking Paper

HSC

Hey! I wanted to come and see Dappled Cities Fly today but I slept in, so I guess i'm just coming tomorrow.
But I was wondering if the stalls for the same clubs and societies were up each day of O-week, also, is joining these things normal, do most people belong to one form of club or another, I have a friend who started uni last year who said that no-body really does them or has time for them and they're a waste of time, is this the popular opinion really? Are any ones in particular not really thought much of?

Also! Is there a way to get a list of texts for you to buy? Howz? Wherez?

A

adamsaclown

Shaking Paper said:
Also! Is there a way to get a list of texts for you to buy? Howz? Wherez?
One way would be to go into the coop bookstore near the Redfern side of the Uni and check the text lists there, or you could check the UoS database on MyUni, but they're a bit crap sometimes (don't always list textbooks).

o0_jolie_0o

HSC

I was just wondering... can students from usyd purchase their textbooks from the broadway co-op bookshop?? or are we limited to the one on our campus? I'm just curious as the broadway one is on the way back to central station hence less travelling with a heavy load and besides kind of embarrassed myself in the co-op bookshop in usyd >_<

Last edited:

tennille

HSC

You probably have to ring up and check if they have USYD textbooks.

lozzie17

HSC

On the outline of my courses (from handbook) it tells me some of the texts I need for some subjects - but others don't say anything. Do I need textbooks for these subjects or will it just comprise of online readings etc - will my lecturers get mad if I don't have these books on first day(expecting us to go to co-op) - or will they tell us on the first day what these books are that we need? Ta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)