Orientation Week (1 Viewer)

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by Ezmay
hey ultimate,

I'm at wesley so maybe I'll see you around
Yeah you probably will. I went to an interview for Andrew's last week, said I was with a very good chance of getting in, and I got a Wesley college interview next monday. If I get an offer from both I think I will choose wesley, as it is closer to Usyd.

Ezmay

Wesley is also better at sport, equally as academic and has a more relaxed feel - also the residents are roughly half private school and half public instead of being mostly private.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Wesley is also better at sport, equally as academic and has a more relaxed feel - also the residents are roughly half private school and half public instead of being mostly private.
Yeah I know, it looked better than andrews from the outside. I'm really into sports such as cricket, tennis and soccer, pretty good academically (UAI = 98.5), so i can't see how I can't get in really..u just don't know though.....I always prepare for the worst.

I would be used to meeting both private and public school students as I used to live in sydney and went to Knox grammar school (private school) then moved to coffs and went to a half private half public school. essentially I am a sydney person in exile.:):)

Ezmay

I really can't see how you can't get in - I had pretty much the same things going for me. The only sort of thing I really fell down on was cultural stuff like drama or music, - but I do debate and that sort of thing so maybe that made up for it? They'll let you in - I really wouldn't worry, - oh and make sure you've got excellent references - My principal was a bit of a suck so that made me look pretty good as well.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
I really can't see how you can't get in - I had pretty much the same things going for me. The only sort of thing I really fell down on was cultural stuff like drama or music, - but I do debate and that sort of thing so maybe that made up for it? They'll let you in - I really wouldn't worry, - oh and make sure you've got excellent references - My principal was a bit of a suck so that made me look pretty good as well.
Yeah I sent in my school reference, and two other teacher references which I thought were pretty good.

I think I would also fall down in the cultural part of things, I mean I don't really like art (even though I said I had an interest in it on the appli. form.....so much for sucking up), but I can debate, even though I don't like that either. The interview goes for 40 minutes, kinda long time.

The one at Andrews only went for 10 minutes, and then he showed me round the college.

Ezmay

I'd met the guy at andrews before - we got on like a bloody house on fire. He's a vet lecturer and I wanted to do vet sci, and he's from out west and I am too. So we talked for ages about the drought and stuff like that - It really wasn't an interview, more like talking to an uncle or something! I felt really bad when I refused that offer. But I know so many more people who've been through wesley, and everyone was telling me that I should go there and how it would suit me best - and I dunno I guess I'm a little warry of the whole private school crowd - I know they're not all bad, but some friends that did go to private schools have some pretty interesting, and not always nice things to say about their experiences at school.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
I'd met the guy at andrews before - we got on like a bloody house on fire. He's a vet lecturer and I wanted to do vet sci, and he's from out west and I am too. So we talked for ages about the drought and stuff like that - It really wasn't an interview, more like talking to an uncle or something! I felt really bad when I refused that offer. But I know so many more people who've been through wesley, and everyone was telling me that I should go there and how it would suit me best - and I dunno I guess I'm a little warry of the whole private school crowd - I know they're not all bad, but some friends that did go to private schools have some pretty interesting, and not always nice things to say about their experiences at school.
Yeah I got on with the Andrews guy pretty well, yeah mine wasn't an interview either, he just looked at my forms told me a bit about the college and that was it and he said my results and stuff were impressive. Don't worry, private school ppl aren't that bad, in fact I got on better with them than country ppl (prob cause I was brought up in the city).

Wesley just seems beter I don't know why, thats just the impression I got when I visited Usyd on Jan 3rd for the open day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)