Orientation (1 Viewer)

antisheep

HSC
Mine was yesterday... it was alright, not overly exciting... but it was good to go just for the sake of knowing who takes care of what problems if they arise.

The main reason I went was for the sake of having a mentor... unfortunately I couldn't stand the girl whose group I was in and ducked out before the lunch which is when we were meant to trade e-mail addresses.... she was just so negative about everything. But most of the mentors seemed really great. (I sure hope she isn't on these boards/can't work out who i am. Lol)

williamc

HSC
Some of the presentations at the start were very dull.

Ie. something about writing.

Some were very lol.

Ie. Pyrotechnics.

The group stuff was proally the best part of the day.

HSC
N/A
antisheep said:
Mine was yesterday... it was alright, not overly exciting... but it was good to go just for the sake of knowing who takes care of what problems if they arise.

The main reason I went was for the sake of having a mentor... unfortunately I couldn't stand the girl whose group I was in and ducked out before the lunch which is when we were meant to trade e-mail addresses.... she was just so negative about everything. But most of the mentors seemed really great. (I sure hope she isn't on these boards/can't work out who i am. Lol)
:( Really sorry to hear about that!

You should email the Transition Team - transition@mq.edu.au and explain the situation with your designated mentor, even give her name if you can remember it. You can be hooked up to another (better) mentor then, too - probably a repeat mentor who has mentored a number of times and generally proven themselves to be quite good :)

There will be a Mentor table at O-3-Days, campus tours will be offered then so if you'd like a more positive tour, feel free to rock up.

Tu17

Latte addict XD
HSC
Id go with what glitterfairy said, i was quite happy with my mentor and some random team leader i met up with lol ended up heading to the bar with them to chat a lil with some other randoms, was cool.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
glitterfairy said:
:( Really sorry to hear about that!

You should email the Transition Team - transition@mq.edu.au and explain the situation with your designated mentor, even give her name if you can remember it. You can be hooked up to another (better) mentor then, too - probably a repeat mentor who has mentored a number of times and generally proven themselves to be quite good :)

There will be a Mentor table at O-3-Days, campus tours will be offered then so if you'd like a more positive tour, feel free to rock up.
Are there repeat mentors that beat Phil or I in experience? I'm wondering if I can out last Phil haha

miss-smexy

HSC
I had orientation on Friday. The presentations weren't very exciting and I switched off after five minutes. I was looking forward to the group stuff, but then my mentor wasn't very exciting - albeit a nice guy. He just said 'this is the (insert name) room' etc and seemed to lack enthusiasm. And when I asked questions about law he had no idea about anything related to it. I ended up leaving early. Basically, the day for me was useless - apart from the fact that I met a few new people.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah...commerce is a bit of hit or miss because of the sheer amount of people that turn up as mentees. So you won't get the same enthusiasm or quality as divisions were smaller in size :(

And most wouldn't know about law, law orientation have a completely separate day.

X

xeuyrawp

miss-smexy said:
I had orientation on Friday. The presentations weren't very exciting and I switched off after five minutes. I was looking forward to the group stuff, but then my mentor wasn't very exciting - albeit a nice guy. He just said 'this is the (insert name) room' etc and seemed to lack enthusiasm. And when I asked questions about law he had no idea about anything related to it. I ended up leaving early. Basically, the day for me was useless - apart from the fact that I met a few new people.
Really, 98% of the day's worth is meeting other people in your classes.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah pretty much, you might remember the skit, you might remember your mentor, but for the most part its the group and making friends which is probably the major aim

X

xeuyrawp

My mentor was hopeless.

But I remember walking to the first AHST103 class. I bump into a guy from school who I hate. We start talking, and walk into the class and sit next to each other.

I see this other girl from my mentor group, I get up, say 'see ya' to the guy from school, and sit next to her. We've been huge friends ever since. :)

HSC
N/A
My mentor was really nice and friendly :) I actually ended up being closest to her than anyone else in my mentor group, and went to her 21st and everything - although I made passing accquaintence with other people in my class, which was great for the first few scary tutes!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
My mentor was a professional student.

Yeah.

leeha

HSC
personally i'm a huge fan of the people in the skit and video.
I'm friends with celebrities on campus!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)