Oscars discussion (1 Viewer)

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Im glad that Sideways won something. It was the best film of last year IMO.

0Jade0

HSC
So glad Jamie Foxx won... not so happy about hilary swank... at least annett benning didnt win, couldnt stand hearing another one of her acceptance speeches

HSC
Cate Blanchett deserved an Oscar for Elizabeth, but not the Aviator. She was crap! Her accents were really affected and everything she did had a stiff, unnatural mannerism about it.

Natalie Portman SO deserved that award...

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
sideways was very good...and im also glad taht jamoie foxx won i really like him eva since the In Living Colour days (long time ago)

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
I hate everything there is about the Oscars from the moment Helen Hunt won for As Good As It Gets.....that was like...well why not give her the Oscar for being Jamie Buchman in Mad About You b/c that's the character she played in both!

I think of the Oscars as nothing but a freak show of movies that suck, but with the fortunate event of a great publicist when Oscar is just around the corner....

Please don't get me started on Hilary Swank......I cannot believe the nerve that chick has for saying she "almost died" during the making b/c of all the ring work outs....please honey, I know and you have confirmed that 80% of the time it isn't even you in the ring. Why don't you take some hints from Uma Thurman and actually get your as$ kicked once in a while to make the movie more authentic and real, not just your poor stunt woman.

HSC
The Aviator seemed to clean up in some of the semi-major awards such as editing and cinematography, which is always the case, they take one big movie and give it all the awards in which there is no standout nominee

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
I thought it was pretty shit to have all the nominees on stage and having the losers just kinda wander off. Pretty disrespectful just to save some time. But even worse was presenting some awards in the audience. Jesus, why even bother giving them the award!?

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
i'm happy charlie kaufman finally won best originaly screenplay, after writing being john malkovich and adaptation (which he should have won for too), he finally recevied the oscar.

HSC
eternal sunshine of the spotless mind was the best film of last year - it totally should have won some more awards

and the academy really need to start recognising - jim carrey

persephone

HSC
i think that cate blanchett's oscar was well overdue. she was robbed before when she was nominated for elizabeth. stupid gwyneth paltrow and shakespeared in love. what kind of movie was that anyway? that paled in comparison to elizabeth. congrats to her though, she should have gotten it ages ago though.

0Jade0

HSC
Cate should have won... just to save us from that fucking speak gwenith made "sob i sniff cant believe it boo hoo hoo" bloody hell

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
god dont get me started on the shameful event that is the oscars. ok here are my biggest gripes with the so called pinacle of the entertainment industry. 90' Goodfellas loses best picture to dances with the wolves! you gotta be kiddin. next. 94' pulp fiction and shawshank redemption lose to Forrest gump. Tarantino gets only one award for screenplay. 97' Titanic wins awards thats all i say about that. 99' shakespear in love beats saving private ryan for best picture. now that is retarted. few more things, Al pacino only has one oscar. for scent of a woman, wheres his one for godfather 2, i beleive he was better than de niro in that movie, to transform into a war hero who doesnt want anythin to do with the mafia life, to the most evil and cunning mafia boss ever. brilliant. also Martin scorsese to have never won for directing that is the biggest shun by the academy who are supposed to recognise talent. clint eastwood winnin for directing, give me a break anyone couldve done mystic river or million dollar baby and not screw it up. try doin Raging bull or goodfellas. anyway thats why i no longer have any faith in hollywood.

HSC
the oscars generally suck, they seem to be a lot more about awarding movies/actors with 'hollywood buzz' as opposed to actual talent. seriously, when i was watching the nominees for best actress, not one of them really grabbed me as doing anything special .. i know i pimp her all the time, but really, the chick from the notebook got robbed. she was SO good.

and then there's all the regulars, you know .. nicole kidman/renee zellweger/scarlett johansson etc, they just irritate me. their movie roles could involve them staring at a wall for two hours and they'd be fucking nominated. (yes i realise none of them were oscar nominees, but i mean in general)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Asquithian said:
Clineastwood makes the same bloody movies everytime - right wing crap.

Mystic river was right wing crap. Somehow a person taking the law into their own hands and killing an innocent person is some kind of hero? WTF? And that killing an innocent man in (wrongful) revenge is honourable?

I wish Sideways won. I'm a big fan of ALexander Payne. Election was one of the best movies I've ever seen.
Well I didn't like Mystic River either, but Million Dollar Baby had no right winged agenda. It's a fine movie and it deserved to win. I personally liked Sideway better though, it's MUCH better than Election. Oh well, Alexander Payne is still young, so he'll get his chance later on. I don't know about Virginia Madsen's chances for an acting award though, I thought she was better than Blanchett.

What was disappointing was Scorsese getting overlooked again for directing. Eastwood didn't deserve it, and he didn't deserve an acting nod either.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
The aviator should have won, MDB was average compared to the aviator....
or even sideways rather than MDB

Belle

You should be dancing
HSC
I was just happy that Di Caprio didn't win best actor. I can't believe he even got nominated.

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC
Anyone disappointed that the Aussie Short "Birthday Boy" didnt win?

The short film awards are the only awards that prove the Academy still has a soul.

HSC
The academy awards for people with big egos to further inflate them through a night of self-appreciation. If I ever won an oscar, I'd pull a Marlon Brando on their asses

uwsstudent

HSC
i want zhang yimou to win the award

for the house of the flying daggers, the story line can't compare to other foreign films, hero had a better chance, i am happy that zhang xiaoding was in the nomination of cinematography, though he didn't win, well at least a chinese film hidden dragon and crounching tiger won many oscar awards

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)