Othello HELP (1 Viewer)

mrzeidan1

Tigers '08
HSC
Hey. I got an assignment where I need to present a written proposal for a contemporary transformation of Othello. Any ideas on how to approach this??

P.S cant do the movie "O" :(

Thanks

-pari-

HSC
N/A
Try the movie "Guess who's coming to dinner"

thats what we did

Evercursed

Troubled Thinker
HSC
Also take a look at Baz Luhrman's appropiation of Romeo and Juliet and consider how the same could be done to Othello. Perhaps a modern setting where bigotry and racism could be prevalent? Perhaps Othello could be a police superintendant about to be shunted aside?

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
We had to do something similar to this - with my great mind, I came up with a story about Othello being an Anglo guy in the heart of Cronulla who happens to be dating a young Lebanese girl called Desdemona. (I changed their names but I forgot, haha)

I don't know if that's what you're after though.

greycats

Mister Monday
HSC
Evercursed said:
Also take a look at Baz Luhrman's appropiation of Romeo and Juliet and consider how the same could be done to Othello. Perhaps a modern setting where bigotry and racism could be prevalent? Perhaps Othello could be a police superintendant about to be shunted aside?
Aha sounds quite abit like the modern movie version of Othello but you've put Othello in Iago's place?

Make him a fireman who is at the same level with Iago and gets promoted above him, then Iago ruins him it with a firemans hat instead of a silken handkerchief, it'd be awesome! ;D

-pari-

HSC
N/A
If you're willing to watch a movie in a foreign language (with subtitles) , recently released was "omkara" - a Bollywood (Indian) film.

It's based on Othello completely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)