othello? (1 Viewer)

vizman

HSC
the-1-n-only-me said:
yeahh.. we're doing othello aswell.. except we're watching two versions of it (the BBC version and the one with Lawrence Fishburne [i know i spelt it wrong]).. but yeah.. only seen the BBC one.. and thats the most boring video i've ever seen for english.. we've got to watch both and compare.. something to do with interpretations.. i think... shows my attention span...
lol same here we just started it, and we're also watching the laurence fishbourne one :)

Eri89

HSC
Yea I'm doing othello at the moment and hands down is the best of all shakespeares plays- doing a speech to about it on tuesday

lady Arre

HSC
we're doing othello at school, comparing it with that old b+w film, "all night long"
i like macbeth the best though, that or henry v.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
i just don't like shakespeare all together haha

Matrocksmysocks

HSC
LOL!
I love Shakespeare!
I honestly don't get the hype about why it's so bad.
The language isn't that difficult if you take a moment to think about any figuritive devices, the characters are generally far less complex than any modern one, the plot is generally point-by-point, blow-by-blow action!
I did Othello this year, and before that, Henry V, Macbeth,Romeo and Juliet and Julius Caesar. They are all excellent plays. I must admit, Othello is rather droll when you study it und Critical Study of Text, but going at it with a negative mind-set is going to get you nowhere.
Anyway, even if Shakespeare was gay, then, because we live in a politically correct world (BULLSHIT JOHN HOWARD), good on him!

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
gah we're doing othello next as an area of study or something in advanced, for extension we're doing the merchant of venice. in fact we went to see the play about a week or two ago- it was just weird- the story was good but the actors were strange.
we did macbeth in yr 8 , hamlet in yr 9 and macbeth again in yr 10

I AM SOOO BLOODY SICK OF SHAKESPEARAN TRAGEDIES!!!

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
ahen said:
gah we're doing othello next as an area of study or something in advanced, for extension we're doing the merchant of venice. in fact we went to see the play about a week or two ago- it was just weird- the story was good but the actors were strange.
we did macbeth in yr 8 , hamlet in yr 9 and macbeth again in yr 10

I AM SOOO BLOODY SICK OF SHAKESPEARAN TRAGEDIES!!!
I did the Merchant of Venice in Year 9 and Macbeth in Year 10. Can't remember too much about those plays though.

HSC
once you've seen the modernised versions of his plays (so you can understand the language and themes more clearly), you'll fall in love with the homo-erotic's work.

gerg tenrab 07

Tip the Scales
HSC
im doin othello as a critical study of a text and its boring as!!!!!
got to hand in a cover for a new edition of it and it has to be relevant to the modern high school audience. have to do a blurb too. got any ideas for the blurb? any one?

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
I studied Othello in Term 1 and I've just finished Great Gatsby this term and I can honestly say that I thoroughly DID NOT enjoy either texts.

Out of the two, I'd have to say Othello was more enjoyable but Great Gatsby was easier to analysise.

sammy77

HSC
hey i just did a speaking assessment on othello, so wat exactly is it on, mine was anout how males dominate females, and i have also recently done an essay about a racist reading and a feminist reading just let us no if u want any help....
sam

HSC
~shinigami~ said:
I studied Othello in Term 1 and I've just finished Great Gatsby this term and I can honestly say that I thoroughly DID NOT enjoy either texts.

Out of the two, I'd have to say Othello was more enjoyable but Great Gatsby was easier to analysise.
gatsby was interesting!.

D

dzzlng_07

im doing othello to. i find the language so hard to understand. but we're still in the middle of reading it.

so far, it's okay. but i really dont like shakespeare:burn:

ign0r4mus

HSC
Wow....tons of ppl doing othello...as with me

IMO, othello is better than some of his other plays which drag on and on and on...

What im just wondering about is how long Shakespeares plays will be in the HSC syllabus for and whether there will be a point where the Board of studies says 'enough'? Maybe i should start another thread?? BTW, i am not commenting on the quality and relevance of shakespeares works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)