Outsourcing subjects to external providers (1 Viewer)

kevinpham1996

HSC
So my school does not allow me to do 4U maths...
I told my tutor this and he told me to do the subject externally at TAFE with other fellow students in my tutoring.
I am currently doing 4U in tutor (2months-ish) and finding it not soo hard. He also strongly encourages me to do 4U.
Is it possible to do the subject externally?

simplyinsanity

HSC
I think you still need to apply via your school. That happened with some people I know for accounting and languages.

iBibah

HSC
3.5 Study with an outside tutor
Your principal may give approval for you to study a course with an outside tutor provided that certain Board conditions are met. In particular, outside tutors must follow the Board’s syllabus and provide assessment marks in accordance with syllabus guidelines. These assessment marks will only be used in the case of an upheld illness/misadventure appeal (see Illness/misadventure appeals).

This is from the board of studies website: http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/yourhsc/hsc-rules-procedures-guide.html

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
I have a friend with similar arrangements where they couldn't do 4u maths.

You can probably enrol through open high school or get tutored externally. However the downside to external tutoring is your final mark consists 100% of your HSC and you will not have any school assessments to help keep your rank steady when marks are distributed. This can be really dangerous if you bomb out on your HSC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

unforlornedhope

HSC
N/A
You can do it through TAFE or oten, or you can do it via other distance learning schools in NSW

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)