Over Rated (1 Viewer)

liljim63

I would just like to say that i think the HSC exams are over-rated and overhyped. I have been told that the HSC is the do all and end all of our lives as students, and that it is not a possibility to fail.
Everyone always tells you how important the HSC really is. Friends (who have done the HSC), family, and even strangers you just have a chat to, all of them tell you of their philosophy of the HSC, and that if you dont get a good mark, then you wont get into uni. Of course what they are actually saying is that if you dont get a good mark, you wont be automaticaaly accepted into a sydney uni, and if you dont get into a sydney uni, then there is no point in going to university.
You dont need a good mark to get into sydney uni's. There are other ways around this. Sure it might take a bit longer, but at least you get there in the end. And what about all the other uni's? Wollongong, Newcastle, even the Canberra uni's. All those uni's are still virtually the same, and guess what people, a degree is a degree in the end. Sure the sydney uni's may have the prestige over the other uni's, but at least the other uni's are affordable and provide you with the same quality of work, if not better.
So to all those people trying to pressure us, doubting us, and being a general pessimist, i ask you this. Did you go to a sydney uni? Did you get a good mark in the HSC? If any of you say no out there i ask you one last question. Have you still been successful even without the sydney degree, (or even without a degree), or without gaining those extroardinary good HSC results?

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Overrated is one word. I'm glad english is compulsary.

Steph69

damn this forum its more distarctin then nething...i keep coming on here and is hould be studying dman u

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
steph87 said:
damn this forum its more distarctin then nething...i keep coming on here and is hould be studying dman u
me too :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)