P-Plate Restrictions (1 Viewer)

djozer

HSC
I just find it extremely stupid in a way.

As what has been said, What happens if the family has a high powered car? or the family is a car enthusist or something along the lines of that. Then that means buying a less powerful car. Which will cost money that most people don't have just lying around. Though i understand where they are coming from. Though L,P1, P2 drivers don't make up 100% of all crashes. There is still a Huge amount of crashes caused by other means. Though it seems like its all blamed on our age group (as always).

Going back to the day, How did your parents learn? My parents learnt on the back roads on dirt. Speed around every where in the old mini's and fj holdens etc. You learn from experience, learn from mistakes. Geez one thing my father told me that he use to out run coppers in his MINI!

But going back to the High performance cars, If you have payed for this expensive car then you'd take more care in looking after it and no taking stupid risks. Though Most accidents are caused by non-superchared or turbo charged cars. They are caused by normal cars at speed. So to be honest. I don't understand what this new law will do.

Anyway ill leave it at that.

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
Actually DJozer most P plate crashes are related with high performance cars e.g turbo'd cars, because kids who have no experience, and do not know how much power they really have over-estimate there abilities and put themselves into power poles and such. That also pisses me off, because of them, i have to suffer. Also, just to clear up, No engine modifications can be made, no engine swaps either. People say "Oh yeh you can get a v6 to go faster than a v8 anyday whith out a turbo or a supercharger" but you would have to modify it.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
djozer said:
I just find it extremely stupid in a way.

As what has been said, What happens if the family has a high powered car?
Yeah my mum has a v8 and when I get my license I will be driving her car when she's not using it ,until I get my own.
Now I need to get my license before July 11th or I won't be able to drive it.....

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Captain pi said:
Studies have shown that the probability of a teenage driver being involved in a motor vehicle accident increases exponentially the number of teenagers in the car. It does make sense.
That's probably true with some people. I know some complete morons who drive like bigger idiots than usual with other teenagers in the car. But most responsible p platers wouldn't. I'd rather the idiots die than the responsible people have to be restricted to 1 passenger.

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
That's probably true with some people. I know some complete morons who drive like bigger idiots than usual with other teenagers in the car. But most responsible p platers wouldn't. I'd rather the idiots die than the responsible people have to be restricted to 1 passenger.
but don't forget that they have to have lost their license before thay get the passenger restriction, and its for "serious offences" whatever that means.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
waddle_828 said:
but don't forget that they have to have lost their license before thay get the passenger restriction, and its for "serious offences" whatever that means.
The biggest morons are going to crash and kill themselves before they get passenger restrictions anyway.

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
The biggest morons are going to crash and kill themselves before they get passenger restrictions anyway.
which IMO is what they deserve for being such dickheads on the roads and endangering innocent lives!

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
good ideas in theory...a little difficult to enforce...meh im not planning to change my car netime soon :p makes a supra out of hte question for a little while tho

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
Supra said:
good ideas in theory...a little difficult to enforce...meh im not planning to change my car netime soon :p makes a supra out of hte question for a little while tho
yeah but the government has to do something to silence the masses...

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Wont affect me. Can't afford a high-powered car nor do I desire one in the near future. V6s are teh seks.

K

katie_tully

I agree with the passenger restrictions after you've lost your licence...however I am in disagreement with the restrictions on cars you can drive, as are the police (suprisingly?)
I don't think it matters whether you hit a tree in a V8 or a 4 cylinder car, chances are you won't walk from either one ... And out here, if you have ever driven on the roads you'd understand why many people drive V8's...
That said, I think there's going to be a leniency and we shouldn't be getting uptight about it just yet.

djozer

HSC
I just find that all this is stupid.

Basically if you take the risk, ITS your prob. Though the government doesn't have to take that out on the rest of us. People with alot of money are the people who have the high powered car. Though anyone can have a crash in ANY type of car, no matter the power it has.

So as an example.
A charade going at 120km/s hits a tree. Car is totalled, people die.
Holden SS going at 120km/s hits a tree.......same effect.
though what is different is that the holden SS gets there quicker.

I have a Friend that has had 4 cars in 5 months. He is a horrible driver, takes stupid risks. People like that should be the people that should be taken off the road.

But its the people who takes the stupid chances fault. Not to take it out on people that drive well.

As always the government thinks that we are a statistic, Not real people.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
djozer said:
People with alot of money are the people who have the high powered car.
I disagree. I know that you could get a v8 calais for ~$2,000. They fang pretty nicely.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
Yeah but an old high performance car also costs a heck of alot more in upkeep ie high petrol, insurance, constant tyre replacement, brakes, servicing costs. You could buy yourself something like a 1989 R32 skyline GTR on a low budget, but it would cost a full shit load more to keep on the road than say a late model corolla for the same money

HotShot

-_-
HSC
ridiculous

lol whose fault is it if you crash? the car or the driver? i cant see how by driving a less 'powerful' car will reduce crashes, you can still reach speeds (more dangerously) 100kmh+ easily.

its stupid, where is the experience for drivers gonna come from? after you get your full licence where you can legally get a 'powerful' vechicle will you able to drive it? you have no expierence on it.

there is only one way to stop accidents, free complusory training once per week for yr10+ students till end of high school for driving, none of this education bullshit! sad thing is it wont happen.

even though they say it costs $67 million, they can spend on this education and go for a loss for a few years and solve this problem. but the rta are piss corrupted dickheads who charge focken ridiculout amounts for everything, this is why we crash focken stress from paying bills and worrying about registration and stuff.

focken hill Costa get alife!

HotShot

-_-
HSC
DaddyK said:
Actually DJozer most P plate crashes are related with high performance cars e.g turbo'd cars, because kids who have no experience, and do not know how much power they really have over-estimate there abilities and put themselves into power poles and such. That also pisses me off, because of them, i have to suffer. Also, just to clear up, No engine modifications can be made, no engine swaps either. People say "Oh yeh you can get a v6 to go faster than a v8 anyday whith out a turbo or a supercharger" but you would have to modify it.
hmm thats stupid comment, where are they going to get that expeirence from? this ridiculous instead of meeting the problem we take an easier solution, i have bad feeling the government is gonna shift the age group of most crashed to the 20+ group when everyone has finished their Ps. thats what it looks like.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
I say good on them!

I suggested a restriction on kw and more traning if you needed to drive a car with high kw.
But i guess that is difficult to enforce.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Tennille said:
How can the SS get there quicker when both cars are travelling at the same speed? :p
faster acceleration.

but faster acceleration = easier to lose control.

but, i guess the falcons and commodorres have traction control these days.

tennille

HSC
jm1234567890 said:
faster acceleration.

but faster acceleration = easier to lose control.

but, i guess the falcons and commodorres have traction control these days.
Haha...beat me before I deleted my post. Damn!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)