P-plate theft (1 Viewer)

sXcGuRl69aU

I'M BREAKING LOLZ
HSC
i use the magnetic ones and they have only been stolen once in the whole... what is it, five months since the laws were introduced? plus they're easy to remove in case you want to drink a beer in the car on your way to work :D

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
sk1001 said:
Oh, what a beleiveable source! Some fucking whorebag from New South Wales! Why don't you go and put your shitty little green P's on the back of your shitty little 1972 Tarago so it can get fucking stolen by some other cheap little peice of shit from New South Fucking Wales. You fucking dumbcunts, go and eat shit.
lol fire up

Keepleft

HSC
N/A
F2001 said:
Since I ran out, I don't use them anymore. I have not used P plates for almost 8 months now.
I don't see what is so elite/special to display them, majority of the time it just causes prejudice and trouble. I'm amazed at how much people don't act like absolute d**kheads around me compared to long ago.
Persecution complex mebbe?

The 'plates' signal to other drivers your actual on-road experience.

This allows you to avoid certain fully licensed lunatics who might then, on spotting your P plates, attempt a degree of caution around you,- than would be the case if you didn't display them!

Your P plates can 'scare' away some unpredicatable types you see, this is a good thing. Yes, sometimes a retard will want to play games on seeing your P's, even unmarked HWP might 'bait' you to go faster, its all part of the 'game'. To win, you just don't play games on the road.

Your 'job' as a P plater is to avoid police. Police represent a serious loss of money - and therefore should be avoided, so - 'stealth' - in driving manner is good and proper.

You need your money, so best not be a magnet for police for *any* reason.

Wear the P plates with pride, you will never deal with them later on in life - except until you have 14 kids of your own! Carry a few spares in the glovebox.

Last edited:

Evilo

HSC
are you kidding KeepLeft?

Although i disagree with F2201 - you should have your plates on. People are attracted to being shit to you because of the plates. Ive got a (trustworthy) mate who was forced off the road because drivers see his ps and then instantly hit "rage".
Ive been in cars driven by p-platers - people get right up your ass (tailgating), they put on their high beams, and they honk and untill you pullover. Then they try and get so close to the car, you think they will scratch it. And before you say "ooo you were trvelling way below the speed limit, doing stupid illegal shit etc" - we were not! My mates drive at the speed limit, accellerate/decellerate correctly and stay in their lane.
Summary - P-plates attract fuktards, not "excuse" you. Their purpose is poisoned.

BlytheChloe

HSC
I've never had my plates stolen and they're the RTA ones.

I don't believe that people steal them to use themselves or because they are cheap, it's just the fun of fucking with people that's temptation.

Have you seen cars with like fucking 3957093752 P plates on them?? Like how many fucking plates do you need on your car? I put on 2 - one at the back and one in front.

I also know this bitch who still displays her plates internally and driving around in a car whose registration has expired. It's so annoying. Of course, maybe I just have a problem with this because she's a fucking-idiotic-Asian-fob-who-can't-fucking-speak-English-or-drive-properly that I hate.

Last edited:

*BIRDIE*

RAWR!!!
HSC
I always had mine stole at school.. i also had my valve caps stole and they were red ones and took me forever to find!!

i havent had mine stolen for a couple of weeks but i also crashed my car 2 wks ago!!!

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
BlytheChloe said:
I've never had my plates stolen and they're the RTA ones.

I don't believe that people steal them to use themselves or because they are cheap, it's just the fun of fucking with people that's temptation.

Have you seen cars with like fucking 3957093752 P plates on them?? Like how many fucking plates do you need on your car? I put on 2 - one at the back and one in front.
I saw a red P-plater with 9 P's on. 3 on the front and 3 on the back. And they looked to have been taped/glued on but they didn't look like there were going anywhere in a hurry. :rofl:

*BIRDIE* said:
I always had mine stole at school.. i also had my valve caps stole and they were red ones and took me forever to find!!

i havent had mine stolen for a couple of weeks but i also crashed my car 2 wks ago!!!
Blame your classmates/peers/people that go to your school for that. I guess it's either take them off or have replacements in your car.

Kiim2507

HSC
I use the plastic ones and they've only been stolen once
But it was someone at my school and I'm pretty sure I know who it was
I didn't have any spares though
So I had to borrow from my friend

What a pointless story =]]

CieL

HSC
pritnep said:
I saw a red P-plater with 9 P's on. 3 on the front and 3 on the back.
How does that make 9?

Megadrive

HSC
Lizakith said:
Doesn't taping plates on hurt the paint?
Yes, but not nearly as bad as magnetic plates can. I've heard stories of magnetic plates melting into the cars paintwork when parked for a few hours in the sun.

sXcGuRl69aU

I'M BREAKING LOLZ
HSC
Keepleft said:
even unmarked HWP might 'bait' you to go faster, its all part of the 'game'
what?!? bullshit mate. they are there to stop people speeding, not encourage it.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Megadrive said:
Yes, but not nearly as bad as magnetic plates can. I've heard stories of magnetic plates melting into the cars paintwork when parked for a few hours in the sun.
That's why you take them off when parked.

Keepleft

HSC
N/A
sXcGuRl69aU said:
what?!? bullshit mate. they are there to stop people speeding, not encourage it.
It has happened and is a reality, in effect the operator might 'ride' the 'young male' P platers rear, or gently rev up alongside, 'some' pea brains take the bait as an invitation to road race, - only to be pulled up, naturally.

Yes, of course its not the majority or rather 'condoned' police action, but is that of a small minority of hwp. To be honest, not one I personally care too much about, if it weeds out dopes.

Do not for a moment take that post as being one as anti-police, as I suspect you have, you might be surprised.

At the end of the day, the P plates must be displayed. Penalities apply for not doing so, so ensure you carry spares.

Last edited:

Muz4PM

HSC
Just to change subject for a moment, I agree with what alot of others have said in this forum, just take the P plate's off.

Previously, I had my plastic ones, who were in their dinky little holders stolen by some rear extremities, so as a remedy I simply use magnetic P plates as they are easy to remove and put on after you have parked. They do have a tendency to fly off occasionally, so a stash in the glove box is essential.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)