Pages (1 Viewer)

Libby01P

Banned
HSC
How many pages has everyone been writing for lengthy responses in subjects like english, SOR, history? Do you think it's a good measure of performance? One of my teachers said that for Ext.English, you should aim to get fairly well into the second booklet with a coherent argument. Any thoughts?

pman

Banned
HSC
The number of pages you write bears no relevence to how well you did or even how much you actually wrote, in my trial for instance i only wrote 3-3.5 A4 pages per essay for english but didn't lose any marks for length another guy wrote 8 pages, more than anyone else in the school and lost marks for not writing enough cos his writng so large compared to mine

meliebot

HSC
In my ancient history trial, I wrote 2.5 A4 pages and my friend wrote 5 and we got the same mark (22/25)...
Even though I worry that I never write enough...I've started to realise that it really is quality over quantity with longer responses. You have to be sussinct. Rambling isn't going to get you anywhere.

imalda

HSC
it doesnt really matter. quality over quantity i say. although i have read somewhere that your essays should be around 1000 words so basically work out how many words you can write on a line/page and go from there. i fit around 10-12 words per line, approx. 300 per page and i write 4-5 pages for each essay (that's only half a booklet). that's round 1200-1500 words there already. if i was writing well into my second booklet i'd be writing a bloody thesis! XD

hairspray

HSC
I totally believe in quality over quantity and and so does MOST of my teachers...But my eco teacher who is a hsc marker for eco and business) always tells us how impressed she is with students witing 22 pages essays and reports...

HSC
that would be a pain in the ass to have a teacher with an attitude like that^^

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Reading through BOS exemplar samples is rather depressing in this regard since they seem to generally pick the ones which are a good 12 pages long or more. I'm rather surprised though at the level of detail some people go to in their short response section where they write absolutely excessively on a 2 mark question.

In English I managed maybe a total of ~20 pages all up across both exams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)