Parents overeaction? (1 Viewer)

habitres

HSC
Coming from someone who got high nineties in all they subjects in year 10 SC, and who 'burnt out' at the beginning of this year, pretty much didn't care about marks. Come after half yearly I actually put in effort.

Strive as hard as you can all the time, but tell your parents not to take away your laptop. Don't go on FB and waste time, actually use it. Get some work done and then have breaks blah blah bullshit which I never followed. You want to have to do well to do well, thats it.

Otherwise its like locking Einstein in a room and asking him to compose fantastic music. Won't happen anytime soon.
Terrible analogy is terrible.

GoldyOrNugget

Señor Member
HSC
The priority in year 10 should be to understand all the content to a high degree, so you have a solid base for years 11 & 12. You don't need to study 4 hours a night to achieve this. Depending on who you are, you don't need to be studying at all.

HSC2014

HSC
N/A
Definitely your parents are overreacting, though I don't know how much you can do about it, which is the sad part :(

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
If you're supposed to be studying >4 hours for Year 10 (a day) you won't have time to sleep by the time you hit the HSC, you'll be studying from when school ends at 3pm to when school starts again in the morning.

It this 'studying' just doing homework or is it revising notes?

Amstudy

HSC
I agree that it's an overreaction. I'd normally start studying a week or two before my exams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)