Parking... or lack of. (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hahaha, if you get to uni around 9-10 plenty of spots, after 11, good luck till around 3-4, then some spots appear, and getting out is a bitch around 5.30-6.30.

X

xeuyrawp

*~Dazed~* said:
driving then parking at mac centre isnt worth it for those of us who only live like a 10 minute drive. I'm not driving for 10 minutes only to park away from the uni and walk another 10 minutes. I'd rather just catch a bus in that case and have the 15 minute ride and be dropped off right where i want to be.
But i do see how those who live a little further would be content with that.
Ive never really had that much trouble with parking, unless i go at like 1, in which case i just drive around the same parking area until someone leaves.
Yeh, I live 5 minutes drive (3 minutes if there's no traffic) away from the uni, and I always end up giving up and parking in Mac Centre.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Yeh, I live 5 minutes drive (3 minutes if there's no traffic) away from the uni, and I always end up giving up and parking in Mac Centre.
Yep, 10-15mins drive for me, park at Mac Centre then 10min walk over to uni....

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
i got there about 10.30am today, i had to go right up the top and i was lucky to find a spot. I actually went a little pass the spot so i had to reverse back *shudders*. needless to say, i probably caused a delay to all the cars behind me (hahaha. suck crap!!!) and nearly hit both cars on each side.

There seems to be way more cars than usually. any theories as to why?

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
well there has been a significant increase in the number of hot females...i developed a theory, that a lot of ppl have realised mq is the place to be and have transferred here (hence the improving talent :p)...so this increase in people, would leasd to some sort of increase in the number of cars...

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Supra said:
well there has been a significant increase in the number of hot females...i developed a theory, that a lot of ppl have realised mq is the place to be and have transferred here (hence the improving talent :p)...so this increase in people, would leasd to some sort of increase in the number of cars...
hmmm. yes.. yes. that theory works for me...

bong

HSC
Supra said:
being an actuarial student, i'm surprised that there would be a hot female in any of your classes

unless of course, its an econ or accg class, and even then, you'd be lucky

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
bong said:
being an actuarial student, i'm surprised that there would be a hot female in any of your classes

unless of course, its an econ or accg class, and even then, you'd be lucky
LOL!! ok theres like 2 relatively hot girls in actuarial, and theres like one or two cute ones...

econ is unbelievable...theres so many doin econ :D...
ok this thread was about parking :p:p...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
haha man, you gotta sit in on a Media or sociology lecture:p

bong

HSC
as for the carpark spaces, anyone noticed the inability of some people to park straight? or even park for that matter?

anyway, i've been lucky so far, havent had to drive around too long for a space, though yes, there's definitely a lot more cars at maq than last year.

Supra said:
LOL!! ok theres like 2 relatively hot girls in actuarial, and theres like one or two cute ones...

econ is unbelievable...theres so many doin econ :D...
ok this thread was about parking :p:p...
at the start of last year... my friends and i spotted 2 nice ones... now... one's dropped out i think, and the other is behind a year.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
AsyLum said:
haha man, you gotta sit in on a Media or sociology lecture:p
Haha :D man after maths133 today and a few other days...teh hottest chicks come in for their artsy type subjects...such as "ling XYZ"...im jealous of all the arts and law guys :p
bong: ooh if one is behind a year she must be in my lectures then :)

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
nah the queue on tuesday 11am was due to a bomb threat on a bus parked next to uni. they closed off that section of the rd.
i was lucky and went down to c2 parking entrance and avoided it.

parkings alright normally. like if i go in at 1pm theres still some roof parking usually

bong

HSC
Supra said:
ooh if one is behind a year she must be in my lectures then :)
Not quite, but she will be, think she has to do acst200 and stat272 again. Of course, this depends on her deciding to stick with actuarial studies.

bomb threat? was wondering why they cordoned off a bus...

*hopeful*

HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
i got there about 10.30am today, i had to go right up the top and i was lucky to find a spot. I actually went a little pass the spot so i had to reverse back *shudders*. needless to say, i probably caused a delay to all the cars behind me (hahaha. suck crap!!!) and nearly hit both cars on each side.

hey cyan do u have a red car ? cuz i saw a guy do that rite in front of me today...crazy person :p

my theory is still cuz of 1st yrs

X

xeuyrawp

*hopeful* said:
my theory is still cuz of 1st yrs
That makes no sense, hunny, there have been 1st years at the uni every day since its opening in the 60s.

iwannarock

HSC
uni is always ridiculously packed in the first week or two.

its because all the students are actually coming to uni. paying fees, getting books, going to those first lectures and tutes.

but as the weeks go by, people begin to drop off. they dont go to lectures anymore and figure out ways to limit the need to go to uni.

thats why its easier to find parking as the weeks go on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)