Parking Permit? (1 Viewer)

flyingboat

HSC
I have a Parking Permit - General Parking - Yellow for students ($77) for Penrith - Kingswood campus

just to make sure... may i ask...

1. With the same Parking Permit, am I allowed to use it in other campuses?

2. Can a non-UWS student use my Parking Permit? my parents for example.

Sam990

HSC
I have a Parking Permit - General Parking - Yellow for students ($77) for Penrith - Kingswood campus

just to make sure... may i ask...

1. With the same Parking Permit, am I allowed to use it in other campuses?

read on faq parking permits.
1. Yes
2. No

-juLie-

meep
HSC
As long as the parking permit is displayed in the car when its parked on UWS campuses it should be fine. There will be no way of telling once tha car is parked who it belongs to as such. All security check for is that there is a valid permit/ticket visable

fetiche

HSC
lol I parked today at parramatta, didn't use ticket or permit, shitting myself all day.

Went back to the car and didn't see any notification of a fine, hope I don't get one in the mail >.<

Sam990

HSC
As long as the parking permit is displayed in the car when its parked on UWS campuses it should be fine. There will be no way of telling once tha car is parked who it belongs to as such. All security check for is that there is a valid permit/ticket visable
im sure they check if the plate no corresponds with the permit,

Sam990

HSC
lol I parked today at parramatta, didn't use ticket or permit, shitting myself all day.

Went back to the car and didn't see any notification of a fine, hope I don't get one in the mail >.<
lol i think its because uni hasnt really started yet

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
When you sign up for a parking permit, they ask for two number plates that the permit could be displayed on. Give one for your own car, and one for your parents.

I wonder what happens if you sell and buy a new car in the academic year? Not that I'm planning to, but I'm sure others have.

beatboxre

HSC

LMAO ! I did that at Penrith today, was in the same situation. Maybe it's because of the orientation days and stuff :O

idk

flyingboat

HSC
What is the Parking Permit look like?
What information does it display?

or it is just a bar code?

Last edited:

-juLie-

meep
HSC
im sure they check if the plate no corresponds with the permit,
The permit does not have the cars rego on it. I got a new car 2 months into the uni year last year never changed the number plate details with the uni and never got a fine. They dont check anything as long as there is a permit or ticket in the window and parked where your allowed to be parked youll be fine.

Sam990

HSC
What is the Parking Permit look like?
What information does it display?

or it is just a bar code?
lol if you get it you will find out, but to answer your qs, its like a plastic thing that sticks on the window

i dont think you can make a replica either

Sam990

HSC
The permit does not have the cars rego on it. I got a new car 2 months into the uni year last year never changed the number plate details with the uni and never got a fine. They dont check anything as long as there is a permit or ticket in the window and parked where your allowed to be parked youll be fine.
yeh true i highly doubt security will really check if the rego no corresponds with ticket...
thats weird when iregistered for my permit i had to put the rego no of which car its gona be displayed in

EDIT.. my bad the permit does not display the rego no of a car, but it has a no on it which they can check

-juLie-

meep
HSC
Yes they ask for the rego for 2 cars when you buy it but like I said before they dont check. Security just tend to drive by checking the car windows for tickets and permits. If they searched the number on every car to se if the rego matches that would take up alot of time and security are much happier cruising round in their little cars doing very little.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)