• dont have a job because didnt want it to effect my studies

Votes: 12 14.6%

• Total voters

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
how many people have part-time jobs
where do you work?
and do you think working in year 12 effected your studies?

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
me i work at woolworths the fresh food people
been working since year 9
love my job and dont think it has effected me during year 12
except all the midnight shifts i worked which made me sleep in and miss first 2 periods the next day at school...

chantellet

HSC
Yeah I work at video ezy - Ezy Does It!! lol
I don't think it's affected my studies in any way, it's helped to balance everything out i guess.. We have pretty good hours, 9am-11pm and they are really flexible for shifts.. I've had time off over the exams and a few weeks b4 and my bosses were totally cool about it.. It helps alot that they understand the pressures and demands of yr 12..

I love my work and the ppl I work with.. Plus it's helped me to save for schoolies!! :)

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
dude why the hell do u work midnight shifts on schooldays
i work with soha and i take alot of time off when i need it.. like i havent worked since a week before the hsc..
but yeh throughout the year i only worked 1-3 times a week

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i dunno..lol...not like i would have gone to bed any earlier even if i wanst working ey....but i was tired...

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
i work weekends at a bakery & no it hasn't affected my studies, i'm just lazy, with or without a job.

ez_19

Musikerin
HSC
i work at a hospital.. no sick people stuff, i get to do admission type stuff. surprisingly it's both interesting, and the pay is sweet :)
hasn't affected yr 12 studies cos i did pathways.. i only work once a week usually so it wouldnt have affected it even if I did yr 12 as normal.

Jake_434

The King of England
HSC
I'm in the Army Reserves. Pay is shit. Yes, it has affected my studies. But it's made me a better person.. and isn't that what it's all about? <cough>Don't join the Army.. ever</cough> But it's good for a bit of stress relief. I'm rappelling off the Sydney Harbour Bridge later this month (19th I think), and we do all sorts of cool shit.
Seriously, I would recomend it to anyone, as long as you can get Kapooka over in the begining months of year 12, even if you can't do it in the holidays, it's not that hard to catch up.

Jake_434

The King of England
HSC
_Bushra_ said:
i lost my freakin discount card!

now eveytime i go into woolies/big w and buy something im like "omg i could have saved..."!!!
Oh, and you get all sorts of cool discounts... And -that- makes it all worth it.

J

jhakka

I don't have a job because I didn't want it to get in the way of HSC. A lot of difference that made.

Danoz The Great

HSC
I wouldn't call discounts 'cool' - at Target, it's 5%, and 10% on 'special weekends'. Wow.

trickpat23

Maccas, Your buying it. Man our newish owners are da scum of the earth, real nasty, bout half our old crew has left since they started and now they're hiring any tom dick or harry. By the way if u think spitting in ur burger is only done in movies ur right, we're much more imaginative.

trickpat23

Jake_434 said:
I'm in the Army Reserves. Pay is shit. Yes, it has affected my studies. But it's made me a better person.. and isn't that what it's all about? <cough>Don't join the Army.. ever</cough> But it's good for a bit of stress relief. I'm rappelling off the Sydney Harbour Bridge later this month (19th I think), and we do all sorts of cool shit.
Seriously, I would recomend it to anyone, as long as you can get Kapooka over in the begining months of year 12, even if you can't do it in the holidays, it's not that hard to catch up.
Join the army, meet people..... ..........and kill them!

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
i work at Big W.. it sucks and i hate it. It probably will affect my studies, because it affected my yr 11 ones. Stupid Big W..

Jake_434

The King of England
HSC
dani_danoz said:
I wouldn't call discounts 'cool' - at Target, it's 5%, and 10% on 'special weekends'. Wow.
I've got a Defcom Card. Same discount the Police get. Gets you 10% off at a lot of places. I'd say that'd pretty cool... But I'm cheap.

mishka

HSC
N/A
i've been working at Kmart since July 2002, and recently i got a second job doing data entry and stuff. i've been a bit of a pain this year, taking time off over exams and things like that, but i'm still employed, so is that saying something??!! :p

somborac

HSC
I have been working in BBQ Galore since year 10 till April this year. Technically I am still employed, its just that i told them not to give me any shifts till HSC finishes...and they very more then happy to agree.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
trickpat23 said:
Join the army, meet people..... ..........and kill them!
isnt it
join the army
enhance your mind
travel the world
see different culture
meet interesting and different people
and kill people

the army the edge

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)