Part time, number of subjects (1 Viewer)

magic

HSC
The usual number of subjects is 2 per semester for part time. Would it be possible to pick 4, or would the online enrolment program detect that you are part time and would let you exceed the credit points.

Is there such thing as being officially part time, or is it just for UAC purposes.

I plan to transfer to full time after one or two semesters, this is just in case I don't make it into the full time program

Last edited:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I think you'd have to seek a variation of program from your faculty if you want to add subjects to your schedule. If you have a decent reason it shouldn't be overly hard to obtain.

magic

HSC
The problem is that the variation of program is not always approved. The true reason is did not make it into full time, so part timer wanting to do full time load. And would also need to apply every semester too.

HSC
submit an e-request but seriously i'm not liking your chances....otherwise ppl would just join courses which have lower UAI's for part time and then stack up credit points basically doing a full time course.
You could try it...but i highly doubt it.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
It may not work.. i remembering trying to load 5 subjects on a semester as a full-time student and it rejected it.
could be different for a part-time trying to do 3-4 subjects..

if that doesn't work.. there are undergraduate program advisers for every faculty which you can contact

magic

HSC
Musk, the course will be Law.

Huratio, if you try to pick 5, the computer will tell you error, exceeded credit points. I remember when I did SDP, I did 4 instead of 3. But that had to go thru e-vop, with solid reasons. It was approved.

The part I am not sure is for part time students, whether you can pick more than 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)