Partner-free formals (1 Viewer)

HSC
lol what is with people asking where other peoples formals are at .............

well we haven't really organised anything for ours yet that i know of, but i know most people will be bringing parents, and that people from outside of school/different years are usually allowed, HOWEVER, i go to a small school, so also a reason for these no extra people rules could be lack of space :)

jessyy

HSC
michael1990 said:
Thats pretty cool.
Where is it at?
<<< location is your friend.

everyone usually brings their parents and their partner. otherwise spare tickets can be given to those with larger families. it all works out in the end.
the only downside is the goatrooter girls can bring their dropkick bfs who usually wear cowboy hats :|

zoeanne

HSC
haha jessy. yep totally know what you mean.. fell sorry for ya.. but hey, no doubt that will happen at ours to..:hammer:

emobopeep

fght ff yr dmns
HSC
My formal is partner-free, too -- I think it's probably because my grade is so large (180 students) that it would be really expensive and difficult to find somewhere local that could fit everyone. I also think that might be the reason parents aren't attending :)

tahlsy31191

HSC
My school does this too.
We are allowed to invite our parents and that is it.
Although we are allowed to drink etc.

emobopeep

fght ff yr dmns
HSC
tahlsy31191 said:
Although we are allowed to drink etc.
I thought no schools were really supposed to allow drinking at the formal? My formal is alcohol-free, which I'm actually pretty happy about, seeing as I won't be eighteen then =)

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
emobopeep said:
I thought no schools were really supposed to allow drinking at the formal? My formal is alcohol-free, which I'm actually pretty happy about, seeing as I won't be eighteen then =)

same as ours
except ill be 18 by then :D

tahlsy31191

HSC
emobopeep said:
We are. Our formal is at a RSM. The over 18's are allowed to drink after we are presented etc.

nick3157

Not Actually A Member
HSC
ok ok this is the coolest thing ever: we take our parents... yay...

Nuttaiish

HSC
Our school doesn't really says we cannot bring someone from another school but i'll bet most of the student in my year would bring a bunch of people that use to go to our school(year 10 leavers) or they are freinds with.. plus after party too. :p Horray. I'm just gonna bring my teddybear to my formal ^^ it's much sexy

HSC
I have no one from outside of school and no one from my school. I'm partner free, you don't have to have a partner though!

HSC
I wanted one! But none of the girls doesn't fucking accept me. I will ended up like shit bored, lonely and crap....

HSC
Yea because i have my aspie thats why. they think i'm like mental. Im no where near that!

HSC
I'm not having a date. I like to find a time being happier to end high school. No screwed up for nothing.

saygoodbye

HSC
jaggy snake said:
We're not allowed to bring people from outside of school to our formal, is this the same for anyone else? It's ridiculous IMO.
sameeeeee. It's gunna suck.

I'm gunna go dateless! WOOOOOOO! :D

I don't wanna go with any dudes from our school, not that there is anything wrong with them, but to think that you went to school with them for 5 or 6 years and they are going to be your date to the formal, it's kinda weird you know. No point anyways, cuz they're gunna be there whether or not they are your date or what.

HSC
I have no problems with our formal (parents invited, no couples)

The idea of a formal is that you have finished school, and dressing up in formal attire and attending a formal occasion is symbolic of the fact you've grown up.

There's too much pressure on students with couples (some break up before the formal making things awkward, some couples hook up all over the place to show off, others dont have a date at all and feel isolated) and also without the parents it just becomes an opportunity for loud kids to be loud, which happens everyday of the week anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)