Pathways (1 Viewer)

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
any one else doing pathways? . . .
im finding it much more easy . . . not at stressful
i dont mix well with stress.

done both english exams,now i just got ancient history
and then my other subjects i do next year.

mishka

HSC
N/A
two of our grade's athletes are doing theirs over two years. i wouldn't want to do it. i don't have the motivation!! good luck, though!! :)

spooky's.gal

HSC
there are 3 ppl in my year currently doing pathways - 2 who are finishing now, and 1 who will be carrying over to next year.
they all seem to really like it, but yeah i couldnt stick it out, i hate school waaaay too much to try and do this again, even if it is only part-time.
at the start of the year i looked into it, my careers advisor said that very few ppl who start pathways ever finish coz they dont like going back the following yr when all their friends have finished and gone. she told me that the ppl who seem to really succeed at it are sort of loners so they dont have the thing with missing their friends, as they dont have any.
if anyone reading this is thinking about doing pathways i would suggest keeping all ur subjects for now, and if you fail any then do them again next year, rather than dropping some now and having no option other than to do them next yr. you never know, you might get through ok and not have to worry about coming back.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Everyone i know doing pathways will get crap marks anyway. They dont try.

Its better to get school over with asap.

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
i only know of pathways for athletes, i think that's all my school allows

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i dont think i know anyone doing it....i dont think i'd heard of it before mid-last year
so how does it actually work?

spooky's.gal

HSC
not sure about the specifics but i think its just that you only do a few subjects a year. i think u can even just do one a yr, but you still have to make up the right units to get a uai and all, eventually. u just gotta attend those classes do the assessments and the exams and thats it.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
i did 5subjects plus tafe in yr11, 4subjects plus tafe in yr12 when middle of term three i decided it would be easier for me to do pathways for numerous reasons.
i hated my tafe course so i never and i got like, 4 N awards
and as i have spent ALOT of time in hospital with kidney problems since ive been in yr10, it would be easier to only concentrate on some subjects this year, then only go to skool part time this term and next year, so if i end up in hospital again, its not as big of a work load to catch up on.
so i ended up being able to do pathways, with just three weeks left of last term. also being enrolled in two schools while i do the hsc this year, as i changed school to do yr12 again, as the new school had a better timetable for me.

kat_mandu

What the?
HSC
GO THE PATHWAY STUDENTS
yeh im doin pathways, this is my second and last year. I did english and ancient this year to. I never planned it, i sat my trials for all five of my subjects last year, but i just wasn't handling it and my life was just exploding so i dropped two classes and came back this year to do it. Yeh i admit it's really hard to stay motivated, so i wouldn't say it was for everyone.by the way im not a loner!!!! im lucky casue i already had friends in the lower grade
mmm_sofay whats subjects u doin next year

Aerials

your member for ulladulla
HSC
yeh there are a few people i know doing pathways (not from my school) but they say that its good... except i dont think i could cope with going to school again. im so glad its over...

kat_mandu

What the?
HSC
pathwyas is when you do your HSC over more then one year. most people do it in two but you can do it in up to five years, although who would!! you split your courses for example i did three subjects last year and im doing two this year

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
pathways is ment to be for people in crappy circumstances who can't do the hsc in a year... like they're caring for their sick grandma or something....

ez_19

Musikerin
HSC
kat_mandu said:
my grandmas not sick and pathways was for me...
exactly. i did pathways (finishing this yr) and i think it was the best thing i couldve done - and the whole 2nd yr at school thing hasnt been a prob at all cos ive pretty much had 1 period a day.
it just makes everything a little less stressful, and great if you want to concentrate on other stuff (i did it particularly to focus on music and a couple of other reasons). and yeah i agree its been hard to stay motivated, but its turned out well in the end. i just wish i'd done english last year! its was really hard to decide which subjects to do which year - i left english til this yr cos its something you dont really forget after a year off it, whereas french i did last yr cos id forget it all!
congrats on the pathways dudes of this yr - almost there!

kat_mandu

What the?
HSC
one of the most annoying things bout pathways is arrogant pricks like not-that-bright who think there better than you... sorry i couldn't manage to work 30 hours a week and do the hsc fullt time...

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
the subjects im doing this year are hospitality, legal studies, and pd/h/pe. might do year 11 music next year to fill up my timetable, as i couldnt do music for my first year of yr12 as it didnt fit in with my other subjects. not sure if i will do the musci hsc the year after, could be a possibility, but probly not.
since ive actually moved to a different school for my second year of year 12, so many people are asking why im doing pathways. on firday i actually got called a "bludger" coz im doing year12 over two years and that i was being lazy etcetera etcetera, till i actually told the guy the reason behind my doing pathways. and not because my granma is sick! and then he looked as though he felt really bad about calling me lazy and got really apologetic.

and btw, im not a loner either.

daydreamkitty

Love me hate me, meh.....
HSC
What Pathways Ment to me

Hello,
I just thought I would give everyone a big hello. I have been doing pathways since the start of year 12 2004, I have found it we'll quite frankly , a bludge at times.But i am not saying that all the time it was like that you had to do work in the end...

I am undergoing my exams for 4 subjects. I only have one more to go which is tommorow....and then i will be done.What i can't figure out is how the government expects me to be in school doing my second year of yr 12 while i still have exams ?

I allready have organised myself. I guess it was the realisation with my councilor and my year coordinator that said " you have to change" which was fair enough,But quite seriously i know alot of people that wouldn't do a second year of this . Which is alright.When i was in year 11, I just couldn't handle all the subjects i was taking make me angry, sometimes to the fact that i felt infuriated and closed in . A failure to ones self just because the lack of time.

yr 12 2005 i think will be a good experience........ I only know one girl doing it in my school , but for that second year i will have the will power and and more mature mind to understand what problems i am up against facing the HSC. :)

to the quote :
"pathways is ment to be for people in crappy circumstances who can't do the hsc in a year." we'll i don't think that is true.If your are going to make those points without knowing the other side your opinion is merly circimstancial.

-Loui

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)