PE Teaching at Newie Uni (1 Viewer)

jenni_k

HSC
hi,
im looking at doin PE teaching and im wanting to go 2 newie to do it....

if any body does a course in PE teaching could u tell me a little about how you find the course, how many hours of prac stuff there is each week and maybe even the workload ill have to do to do well.

thanks a bunch

rific

HSC
I have a couple friends doing PE teaching, they seem to enjoy it enough. To be honest, the rest of us think they spend all their time not doing any work, of course we can't back that up because we're too busy watching a movie for English or sitting in a bar or cafe somewhere.

PE/ed at UNCLE is a fairly big course, I'm not sure how much prac stuff you do a week, I think you have a fair amount of contact with students in first year, doing pe stuff I imagine, apart from that, I think you do other prac stuff and get can certificates in sport stuff, not sure what's involved with that.

The PE half seems like a reasonable, in terms of teaching degrees, amount of work, not too much though. The EDUC side, all your teaching theories and stuff like that, is where you'll be mixed with everyone else for most of the degree and the work is fairly easy, a couple bigger assignments and stuff like that, but the weekly stuff is fairly simple. In terms of contact hours it's fairly light too, I did 3 courses at UNCLE this sem and had 6 hours a week, generally expect around 10-12.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Prac would be fun, go and play soccer with little kids.

rific

HSC
I had sport today on prac. I went to ten-pin bowling. Last year's prac was lawn-bowls. Just call me Mr. Active.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
PE teaching = drink, do 'sport in schools' program, drink, give presentaions drunk, drink some more

the end

heyyawatever

Watch this space
HSC
PrincessSJ said:
PE teaching = drink, do 'sport in schools' program, drink, give presentaions drunk, drink some more

the end
Do what you want as a university student, but tell your high school classes otherwise, great logic.

The problem I have with all the budding P.E. teachers out there is that, when quizzed about why they want to do it, the answers the same: the sport and the pracs. Maybe I am mistaken, but there is more to PDHPE than a period a week playing (___________) on the oval.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I find it strangely disturbing that all PE students look the same; the girls are all hot with short shorts and gorgeous legs, the boys are all hot and know it, and both sexes constantly live in their joggers.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
rific said:
I had sport today on prac. I went to ten-pin bowling. Last year's prac was lawn-bowls. Just call me Mr. Active.
The excitement must've bowled you over.

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
I find it strangely disturbing that all PE students look the same; the girls are all hot with short shorts and gorgeous legs, the boys are all hot and know it, and both sexes constantly live in their joggers.

sticking with your stereotype,
(and not meaning any offence to PE teachers or teachers in general)
you forgot to mention the incredibly low IQ

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
evilc said:
sticking with your stereotype,
(and not meaning any offence to PE teachers or teachers in general)
you forgot to mention the incredibly low IQ
And they're over bias towards sport. They think the sun shines out of the arse of their football players.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
jumb... u changed ur avater... i didnt realise it was u... i like duffman better

pe teachers are bludgers... i dont know i know a few of them and they seem to like it...
u do some prac... i know they did dancing... oh how fun!

Last edited:

rific

HSC
Still reading, jenni_k?

It may seem that PE at uni is all about drinking and bludging, but that's only half right, uni, as a whole, is all about drinking and bludging.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)