PEHPE practice multiple choice 4 tomoz! (1 Viewer)

HSC
There's a whole heap of practice multiple choice questions at the board of studies site to help for tomoz.. Its pretty good as it had answers and stuff.
PE practice multi choice
check it out...

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
this is sorted to do with your post... kinda

with the multipul choice questions that show a graph that shows a trend in the incidence of an illness, disease or condition over a period of time (like 100 years). how do u no these answers??

i have never learnt trends in pdh.. well not long period ones.

hope that makes sense!
disco

HSC
Yeah, it makes sense... your supposed to have learnt what the diseases are and the percentages of them within Australia, amongst males and females. Like suicide is more popular within 17-24 years rather than 60+ years so if there was a graph that was high for teens and lower for elderly, that would be suicide. If the graph were lower at teen level and higher at elderly, that would be osteoporosis or something associated with the elderly. If your unsure, usually with those questions you can work out the answer through the elimination process... : -)

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
yeh thanks for that.

but what about the graphs that say "the stats below reveal the incidence of a disease over the last century. What disease is being shown??" Seen them?

i have seen at least two of them in the multipul choice.

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
examples

i have to examples of the questions i was asking about. when i see these i really have no idea what the answer might be....

what do you think??

TheTeZ

HSC
I dont even do the subject but common sense tells me the first answer is suicide and the second ill guess to be diabetes.

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
the first one is suicide cause its for males ages 15-24. and that is the highest cause of death for males.

the 2nd one is obesity. the reason being that the graph shows which decade people are born in that have this particular disease. and because people dont get type 2 diabetes until later in life. for people born in the 1990s it is very unlikely that many would have type 2, but it is likely they could have obesity, because it can occur at any age.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)