Pens: favourite type, colour etc (2 Viewers)

blue or black pen?

• blue

Votes: 242 60.5%
  • black

Votes: 149 37.3%
  • other

Votes: 9 2.3%

• Total voters

kasakiki

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Felt Tip Pins etc?

I love my felt tip pens! Artline all the way!
I used to use blue ballpoints but they smudged everywhere and i ended up with ink in little blobs all over me somehow. And with my writing it looks somehow messier with ballpoints.... go figure
Anyhoo, yes, i use black felt tips exclusivley . The only bad thing is that i press hard and seem to have the nib level with the metal bit by the end of exams,lol

HSC

scaredytiger said:
its a conspiracy, shortykatt.
read every second word in the OP.
Tell me I wasn't the only one to go back and check the OP.

>_>

leoyh

mic`
HSC

i use felt tips in my exams and i rkn its the best thing ever helps me to write so much faster so i can get more down. cant imagine trying to do a test now without one. though this is only for the subjects taht require alot of writing, otherwise i use like a normal ball pen

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC

i do enjoy them, but as someone said above, they have the tendency to smudge.

champo14

HSC

Sorry to bring you guys back on topic, but the pen I used religiously throughout year 12 is the almight Pilot BPS-GP-F/M. Man, I fucking love this pen. Bought about 15 and used up heaps of them. (See pics: http://www.pilotpen.com.sg/products/ballpointpens_gp.html)

And yes, I'm one of those people who would take everything into an exam (Including 2 calculators and 2 clocks)

The review on amazon of this pen http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R3QR3AC2WXWHIT/ is also quite compelling.

Thoughts?

vasuu91

HSC

umm this might sound stupid and weird but this is my reasoning for using ball pens over any other pen...when u do your hsc, your papers travel a fair distance and could be exposed to various conditions one of which may be water/ sweat of the marker (i know ewww!!!). if your paper is written with a felt tip, it could get wet and smudge. on the other hand, ball pen ink/gel doesnt smudge. i may be paranoid but you dont want to lose marks just coz the marker couldnt read what you actually wrote.

ball pens are usually cheaper too....kilometrico all the way!!!!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

slowjam10 said:
Although the papermate kilometrico pens are good value for money...but sometimes they do leak, anyone else find that?
They only leak when you use them in conjunction with those metal rulers, since the metal rulers cut the tip of the pen, and that sometimes makes the pen really blotchy.

HSC

I've noticed they leak sometimes too. I don't use them anymore but it doesn't really matter, they're so cheap and come in such big packets you can just throw away a pen as soon as it's a problem.

Conspiración

HSC
N/A

black_kat_meow said:
well actually i am not one of those people ..lol i don't even do maths ..hence, no need for a calculator
You don't have to be doing math to need a calculator. Other subjects like business or economics or sciences require calculators occasionally.

Anyway.
Felt tip pens, when under pressure (assuming you're going to put a lot of sweaty strain onto the pen during an exam) just sort of... "slip back in". They become blunt if you push too hard. I can't find the right word, but you know what I mean. Felt tips also run out of ink faster. Too much hassle/risk involved.

Muz4PM

HSC

I find if I use a ball point for a paper which requires a number of long responses such as Legal Studies or English then, I tend to use one side of the pen during the entire exam, so a large blob of ink amounts on the other side, which is a problem if you suddenly turn the pen around.

slowjam10

HSC

Conspiración said:
You don't have to be doing math to need a calculator. Other subjects like business or economics or sciences require calculators occasionally.

Anyway.
Felt tip pens, when under pressure (assuming you're going to put a lot of sweaty strain onto the pen during an exam) just sort of... "slip back in". They become blunt if you push too hard. I can't find the right word, but you know what I mean. Felt tips also run out of ink faster. Too much hassle/risk involved.
still i don't do any of those subjects either

lol

sasan160

v-tec
HSC

is there anything really nice and light but like really nice and smooth...smooth is good:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)