People doing Medentry what raw marks and percentiles are you guys getting? (1 Viewer)

andrew12678

HSC
Just adding my 2 cents here since I'm one of the people who took the medentry exams under exam conditions and with honesty (3hrs and with no dictionary) and was getting around 70-85% for most of the exams. If these actually translated into my actual UMAT score I would have received no interview offers from any university (other than USYD) even with my ATAR so looking back now the common advice of adding '15-20%' to your score on medentry is pretty legit and accurate as it accounts for: 1. Cheaters (Dictionary/Time) and 2. A really skewed Medentry cohort of people who are better prepared than the actual UMAT cohort

zingaboy1

HSC
Just adding my 2 cents here since I'm one of the people who took the medentry exams under exam conditions and with honesty (3hrs and with no dictionary) and was getting around 70-85% for most of the exams. If these actually translated into my actual UMAT score I would have received no interview offers from any university (other than USYD) even with my ATAR so looking back now the common advice of adding '15-20%' to your score on medentry is pretty legit and accurate as it accounts for: 1. Cheaters (Dictionary/Time) and 2. A really skewed Medentry cohort of people who are better prepared than the actual UMAT cohort
it all depends on the day though tbh. In medentry I used to do pretty decently with 90-91 percentiles in time limit etc. In medentry my s2 percentiles varied heaps from 17-89 but in the real one i absolutely cocked it up.
Also in the umat I thought i was running out of time and was rushing and guessing all my s1 and s3 and ended up with 15 mins to spare at the end which meant I didnt do as well (still got a mark of 68 for both of them but was expecting higher tbh)
overall split was 68/44/67

nire

HSC
it all depends on the day though tbh. In medentry I used to do pretty decently with 90-91 percentiles in time limit etc. In medentry my s2 percentiles varied heaps from 17-89 but in the real one i absolutely cocked it up.
Also in the umat I thought i was running out of time and was rushing and guessing all my s1 and s3 and ended up with 15 mins to spare at the end which meant I didnt do as well (still got a mark of 68 for both of them but was expecting higher tbh)
overall split was 68/44/67
Just out of curiosity. What kind of raw scores were you getting (?/134) on ME? Also what were your individual section scores. Thanks

zingaboy1

HSC
Just out of curiosity. What kind of raw scores were you getting (?/134) on ME? Also what were your individual section scores. Thanks
around 108/134. i normally lose ~6 marks on s1 and s3 and ~12 marks on s2. how are you going?

nire

HSC
around 108/134. i normally lose ~6 marks on s1 and s3 and ~12 marks on s2. how are you going?
god damn definately not as good as you, my highest has been around 105, but i average in the 90s/134. so out 48 questions (s1),44 questions (s2) and 42(s3). how many do you usually get right. cause your scores for s1 and s3 in the umat last year is pretty crazy good.

Mach_1

HSC
any tips for improving s2 last minute besides memorising the emotional vocab? my percentiles for s2 are wild from 37 to 81.
Also can those who took the umat last year describe the conditions of the exam hall? how are the toilets? whats the procedure u have to follow if you need to go to the toilet during the exam? can u jst go straight to the toilet and back?

aoc

HSC
conditions are pretty strict. I think its no toilet first 10 mins nor last 10. Needa put hand up for toilet for sure. Never leave your desk without asking first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)