Period Pain Medication-GIRLS ONLY (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
colboltic_dream said:
The Pill itself usually doesn't cause weight gain. The reason some girls put on weight when they are on it is because the Pill tricks the body into thinking your pregnant and therefore makes your body want more food and you start getting cravings. Then resulting in weight gain. Usually though that stops after your body is use to it.
That's just stupid, it's like saying "fatty food itself doesn't make you fat, it's only when your body stockpiles it".

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
for period pain i usually take naprogesic. i've started on the pill because my period pain is rediculous, some days it hurts so much that i have to stay in bed for the day. i'm on Yasmin and it doesnt cause weight gain so that's not really an issue for me, but its only a low dose so i dont know how it'll go. Yasmin is a bit more expensive though, $22 for a months run as compared to some of the other Pills which you can get a 3 month dose for $30.
it's all hit and miss with period pain, you have to find out whats good for you. i'd say naprogesic, but there's always ponstan and higher doses of panadol which can work too. hot water bottles are a godsend.

edit: the Pill primarily causes weight gain because of water retention- the same reason you bloat just before/during your period.
and i just thought of another thing- eating a lot of fatty foods, caffine (like in coke, coffee, some chocolates) can make your period pain worse. medium/heavy smokers have a chance of worsening period pain too, dont ask me why but the doctor say-ed so.

Last edited:

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
MzbLaZeIT said:
oh i love periods! they are the best excuse EVER LOL
tru sis
do u know how many times i went home "sick' from work from period pain

like if my manager asked whats wrong i say its the time of the month and i feel lousy
and she'd be like 'i understand" coz shes a female and she feels my pain

not that i do it very often but its always there when i need it
yaay

fnkychk

HSC
N/A
The Pill itself usually doesn't cause weight gain. The reason some girls put on weight when they are on it is because the Pill tricks the body into thinking your pregnant and therefore makes your body want more food and you start getting cravings. Then resulting in weight gain. Usually though that stops after your body is use to it.
I love it when people pull theories out of their ass and state it like fact.

frootloop

HSC
I've heard that exercise is good for ridding oneself of period pain (and numerous people have already mentioned this) but seriously, when you feel as though you're dying and like tiny blades are shredding away at your insides, the last thing you want to do is get up and exercise!

Just an opinion.

LexxY

s2 Ralf. Marry me!
HSC
I found that naprogesic doesnt work. And I tried taking it before hand too. Nor did codine work... and I ended up overdosing on it. Turned out I had endometriosis.. so my doctor put me on the pill. Now I hardly get cramps at all.

shortie_689

HSC
I have had the WORST period pain this past week... I forgot to take my pill like 4 times this month and now I got my period whilst takin the hormone pills an it is all so stuffed up I cant go anywhere or do anything without getting ridiculous cramps... Its soooo bad

kylie_robbo

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE remember...

When taking anti-inflamitories (period pain medication is exactly this) you NEED to take the medication with food. You may really not feel like eating, but it is important that you do eat with it.

Also, this may sound weird, but having something to eat really helps. Especially something with natural sugar in it (eg stone fruit).

dora_18

HSC
im sorry..but i heard someone on hear say that they take morphine for period pain? i hope you're not taking the morphine im thinking of...as in C17H19NO3 285.37??? becuase that medication is usualy for people who are dying of pain...cancer patients etc...unless your period pain is seriously THAT bad...
neurofen/neurofen plus seems to work fine for me...any type of over-the-counter pain relief should be enough...if its not you should go see a doctor and he'll prescribe something stronger...dont overdose though!! and i agree about the no exericse part...the last thing u want to do when you get cramps and feel like your insides are going to explode is dive into a pool or go for a run!!!

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
sparkl3z said:
i used to never get period pain, but it's been killing me lately, it's even making me have second thoughts on pregnancy!!!! maybe i'll adopt......if menstruation is this hard, imagine how hard labour would be man!
LOL when you're in labour, there WILL be painkillers for that too...hehehe, besides, you'll be so proud to be giving birth that you'll be mostly thinking about pushing through the pain.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
shortie_689 said:
I AM DIEING... tomorrow will be my 14th day of my period and I still have period pain
you have a period for 14 days?!??!?!?!

princessrach

HSC
I find that naprogesic isnt as good as they ay - i use Amcal brand, Chemmart brand (chemagesic)or Ponstan and they r the only ones that work 4 me and i get it prty bad

shortie_689

HSC
Emily. said:
you have a period for 14 days?!??!?!?!
I fucked my pill up soooo bad then I got real bad gastroenteritis so I vomited for 2 days straigt needles to say my pill didnt really get absorbed so my body is going CRAZY an I have had it for 14 days I wen normally its 4 Im just gettin rather annoyed about it actually

alby

cool duckie
HSC
this' why you try to get into the routine of taking them at the same time. you've got 2hrs leeway with the mini pills, and 12hrs with the other (combined) ones.

malkin86

HSC
Yanno how you can't buy cold/flu suppresants over the counter any more (cos some people boil them down for speed, or summink) - does the ban affect period pain pills? Apparently you've practically got to sign away your first-born to get the cold/flu pills now, photo ID and everythink, and they won't sell them in jumbo packs any more.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
dora_18 said:
im sorry..but i heard someone on hear say that they take morphine for period pain? i hope you're not taking the morphine im thinking of...as in C17H19NO3 285.37??? becuase that medication is usualy for people who are dying of pain...cancer patients etc...unless your period pain is seriously THAT bad...
neurofen/neurofen plus seems to work fine for me...any type of over-the-counter pain relief should be enough...if its not you should go see a doctor and he'll prescribe something stronger...dont overdose though!! and i agree about the no exericse part...the last thing u want to do when you get cramps and feel like your insides are going to explode is dive into a pool or go for a run!!!
ive never had cancer and i still get morphine. a fair bit aswell. its great.
addictive.
awesome feeling.
gives one a GREAT sleep. fucking awesome sleep.
and things jump around and stuff
yeah.

ive read an orgasm can relieve period pain. the same way an orgasm can relieve a headache

Venusian

HSC
someone mentioned the pill and cancer, i think you'll find it helps against getting cervical cancer, i agree it may increase breast cancer but theres a few it helps against, i cant remember exactly what my doctor said but it basically works out that the pill helps protect against the harder to diagnose early cancers and may increase more easily diagnosed cancers (like breast cancer)
- somehow i like the protection against something that;s harder to find

oh and yeah it rocks agains period pain

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
i said it somewhere in this thread but i had really bad bad bad period pain. ive started on the pill and though ive been a bit jumpy (its getting much better now), the period pain has GONE. its nowhere to be found. its a wonderful feeling :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)