Period pain (1 Viewer)

clo-ree

HSC
I only get my period 4 or 5 times a year but when I do I get bad period pain. I went on the pill and that didnt do shit other then making me gain weight. :vcross:

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
bahh. how come ibuprofin/paracetamol works for all of you guys and not me?!
when i get pains, i pop a couple of advil or nurofen, and it doesnt do shit all... or it only SLIGHTLY helps

so i just have to tough it out, whinge, and be a bitch to everyone who annoys me :mad1:

will-anal

Banned
HSC
Suck it all of you.
Mine comes every 28 days on the dot with minimal pain, medium flow for 3-4 days and mild PMS.

I rock. Not on the pill.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
Suck it all of you.
Mine comes every 28 days on the dot with minimal pain, medium flow for 3-4 days and mild PMS.

I rock. Not on the pill.

yeah mines pretty much the same except that i get moderate pain most of the time. sometimes its pretty unbearable though. and ibuprofin doesnt do shit. i get heaps bad PMS too.. its shit

will-anal

Banned
HSC
take ibuprofen and panadol at the same time, 2 each

or get your mittens into some buscopan, you can get it from chemists. it's especially for abdominal cramping. works for me when mine are a bit stingy.

but i also take ibuprofen, panadol and buscopan at the same time so idk i think it's fairly safe given that theyre metabolised differently and act on different parts of the body, but just to be safe just take buscopan with panadol *or* ibuprofen

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
i havent tried combining panadol with ibuprofen before :S
or buscopan, because i thought it was just for stomach cramps
but ill check with my boss (whose a pharmacist) n if its okay i might try that next time

or some naprogesic, which is sposed to be quite good.

tonyharrison

HSC
I'm on the pill now but i used to get the worst period pains.
I've fainted twice from it.
The pain is has reduced a lot now when i have my period but heat pack/panadol is what i use and it works fine.

rozymisty

HSC
Guys reading this, i dont know why, but yeah you try having them, and then you will understand why us chicks are crabby around period time.

I take the neurofen first and then like 2hrs later ill take the panadol so ive got some pain relief all the time. It suposably works better that way since otherwise you got like 4-6hrs without relief.

Hm its normal girl talk isnt it> lol. helping one chick out with what works, even though we are all different and shit like that.

Its amazing that the guy knew more about why we get the 'runs' more than we did hehe. At least its an early warning sign to go to the shops and stock up.

I find wheat bags lose their heat quickly. Get too hot, say after 2mins in microwave and soon after they are cold and in effective.

Going to take some more panadeine soon and then head to bed..got an early shift tmw grrrr hopefully it will be better

fauxpas18

HSC
N/A
I've have my periods now and they're so painful. During class I had jerking, contracting pain, and it felt like somebody was stabbing a dagger up there. When I'm walking, I feel I'm going to collapse because of the sharp pains, though I have to maintain myself infront of people, so it becomes even more painful trying to constrain it all. I just need to crawl up in a ball in bed under my blanket, cry, eat chocolate and read a depressing book. Off to do that now, yay :)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I only get my period 4 or 5 times a year but when I do I get bad period pain. I went on the pill and that didnt do shit other then making me gain weight. :vcross:
I presume there are some issues there like PCOS because having a period that often isn't normal.

My friend has endometriosis, here regular pill wasn't helping with the pain so she switched to a different set of hormones, now she's fine...

clo-ree

HSC
I presume there are some issues there like PCOS because having a period that often isn't normal.

My friend has endometriosis, here regular pill wasn't helping with the pain so she switched to a different set of hormones, now she's fine...
Nope no PCOS, ive never been regular from the start but three years of abusing my body has made it worse.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I get hardly any pains - my tummy just feels incomfortable and i might be extra sleepy/hungry right before they start but that's it.

I guess i'm lucky ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)