pet and nylon (1 Viewer)

totallybord

HSC
hey,
to what extent do we need to know abt pet and nylon and polyesters? i cldnt find a pointin the syllabus abt them
thanks

danz90

HSC
The syllabus requires u to know about three types of polymers and their respective monomers:

-Polyethylene
-Poly(vinyl chloride)
-Polystyrene

Know about the properties of each, structural formulae (common and systematic names of polymers and their respective monomers), and how their uses relate to their properties.

totallybord

HSC
yeah thanks danz90
just that in my textbook when it was talking abt condensation polymerisation, it gave it had a few pages on polyester, polyamides, pet and nylon as examples. do we need to know abt that?

danz90

HSC
totallybord said:
yeah thanks danz90
just that in my textbook when it was talking abt condensation polymerisation, it gave it had a few pages on polyester, polyamides, pet and nylon as examples. do we need to know abt that?
Well nah, I wouldn't worry, the syllabus doesn't require u to remember particular condensation polymers, EXCEPT for the dotpoint where u have to kind of do research on a recently developed biopolymer etc.

Usually any condensation polymerisation questions are based on stimulus material they give u.

The polyesters, polyamides etc hav just been given as examples to demonstrate the formation of some condensation polymers, I'm assuming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)