• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Pharmacy (undergrad) - realistic entry reqs? (1 Viewer)

jejak

HSC
Hey all,

I've been considering pharmacy as a career, but I'm not sure how realistic this is, as it's incredibly difficult to find "realistic" guidelines to the required TER and UMAT scores that each school would require, apart from the most vague stipulations (eg Monash - "aim for minimum 95 with 'good' UMAT"; other schools seem to supply no info whatsoever).

Which leads me to my question: would anyone be able to tell me roughly what a successful applicant should present with, in order to gain entry to any of the various pharmacy schools?

I'm considering Monash and La Trobe primarily (although Bendigo is a bit :eek: for me!), as they are both in my native Victoria, but I wouldn't object to somewhere interstate. Replies for any school are welcome.

edit: I'm assuming with methods and chem I would meet all subject prereqs?

Thanks!

Last edited:

luxslash89

HSC
besides USYD, which unis require STAT multichoice as an extra requirement? and which require UMAT?? really, pharm skools r all over the place with this extra requirement thing... :vcross:

rcr4fags

HSC
N/A
end of day it dont matter what requirements there are, the same people get in either way. if your a dud u wont get in, even if u do get in, u wont survive.

i know some people who failed half their first year subjects, some students havent even able to pass an exam yet (they get over the line overall -though with assignments and computer quizes - which they cheat anyway), these people have dropped out or will drop out very soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)