Philosophy help (1 Viewer)

suz

HSC
Hey all
Basically I was thinking of doing a philosophy unit, what is it like? The workload?
If anyone does a unit or has related info. please respond because i wanna know as much about it as possible before I sign up for it
The elective I'm thinking of taking is called knowledge, world and values
Just wanna have an idea of what I'm up against
Thanks in advance :)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
I did a PHIL elective at UNSW. The course I did "PHIL1007 - Knowledge and Reality" was a light worload in terms of hours at uni, but it required a lot of reading at home, and thinking in your own time. Definatley not a "bludge" subject, but very intersting and worth considering ...

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
the theory of knowledge is called epistomology

i did the HSC distinction course, it has made me hate everything to do with philo. It was a bludge (I got a D) and I may use it for future credit but fuck, never again. not for me.

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
i did hte distinction course as well... i did absolutely no work for it, except pulling a couple of late nighters finishing (well.. starting) assignments due the next day, and i got a hd.
basically, you take a stand, heckle other ppl who are taking other stands and cut down ppl who are trying to undermine your stand. the time-consuming bit is reading.. omd.. so many readings... so boring... -.-;;

abdooooo!!!

Banned
what the... im trying to get started now on the first module... can't start... don't know which side to take... don't even know which question im going to do... they all are bullshit.

and its due on monday lol.

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by +:: $i[Q]u3 ::+
so many readings... so boring... -.-;;
i used to just read the section of the course notes that was relevant to the question that i had chosen (beforehand). thus for every module i read a quarter of the core text and none of the readings. i didn't deserve an HD :p

IMO the mark you receive is largely in the lap of the gods. i put roughly the same effort (or lack thereof) into each assessment and depending on the marker and how they viewed my argument, my marks varied accordingly.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
you know the cool thing about uni is exactly what you wrote, there is totally no structure in the marking of [most] courses and hence i'm a lazy freakin shit and pass, whilst there are others who crack their arses and only pass too bahaha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)